Isaiah Wong OV Thursday (9/6) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong OV Thursday (9/6)

Reaction Score
I think the defense of chief after the board-cluttering comments are the worst part.

Please, stop defending Chief. Thank you.
Defending is the wrong word. It’s more like questioning why you care enough to call it out. It comes off as wet blanket ish. Like the ppl who call out Chief reminds me of the one guy who just doesn’t get the joke and ruins it for everyone.

Reaction Score
Defending is the wrong word. It’s more like questioning why you care enough to call it out. It comes off as wet blanket ish. Like the ppl who call out Chief reminds me of the one guy who just doesn’t get the joke and ruins it for everyone.

Why do you care enough to call out people calling out Chief? The problem with Chief is he's 100% serious. It's cute that you think he's joking, but the guy is actually posting thinking he's an insider, convincing himself he's had relationships with JC, KO and now DH and pretending he's on the road recruiting for the team when everyone knows he isn't.

Not sure if you've ever seen the movie Idiocracy, but this board sometimes reminds me of that movie. Some days I wake up and this pea brain internet persona is posting gibberish (honestly sometimes people have no idea what he is even saying) and there is a group of followers who are praising the guy like he's the second coming of Christ. You really can't make this up. Many of us come on this board to talk about the team and get updates on recruiting, etc. The season can't start soon enough...far too much Chief this offseason and not enough talk about basketball for my taste. Keep drinking the KoolAid, it's a good look for you and the rest of Chief's cult.

Reaction Score
Why do you care enough to call out people calling out Chief? The problem with Chief is he's 100% serious. It's cute that you think he's joking, but the guy is actually posting thinking he's an insider, convincing himself he's had relationships with JC, KO and now Dan Hurley and pretending he's on the road recruiting for the team when everyone knows he isn't.

Not sure if you've ever seen the movie Idiocracy, but this board sometimes reminds me of that movie. Some days I wake up and this pea brain internet persona is posting gibberish (honestly sometimes people have no idea what he is even saying) and there is a group of followers who are praising the guy like he's the second coming of Christ. You really can't make this up. Many of us come on this board to talk about the team and get updates on recruiting, etc. The season can't start soon enough...far too much Chief this offseason and not enough talk about basketball for my taste. Keep drinking the KoolAid, it's a good look for you and the rest of Chief's cult.
I don't care enough. Just curious as to why you do. It's a strange fight, but to eaches own. Fight on! I'll go back to having fun :)

Reaction Score
Why do you care enough to call out people calling out Chief? The problem with Chief is he's 100% serious. It's cute that you think he's joking, but the guy is actually posting thinking he's an insider, convincing himself he's had relationships with JC, KO and now Dan Hurley and pretending he's on the road recruiting for the team when everyone knows he isn't.

I don't care one way or the other about this argument, but a ton of the "chief worshippers" are doing it as a joke. Some more subtle than others with the intention to make it just ambiguous enough that chief won't realize it's a joke.

there are many layers to the idolization of chief

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I was mostly joking, for multiple reasons.

But overall I do agree with my previous statement.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The problem with Chief is he's 100% serious.

... there is a group of followers who are praising the guy like he's the second coming of Christ.

You really can't make this up. *

Keep drinking the KoolAid, it's a good look for you and the rest of Chief's cult.

* While it's true that I can't make this stuff up, it appears as though you can...and have.

Reaction Score
........ So no commitment before departure. Must have been a casual OV.

Wordbomar

"Walker on McGee with four.."
Reaction Score
We all knew Wong would be a tough get, glad we got him an OV but it’s all in his hands now. Hopefully he chooses the good guys

Reaction Score
Not that a commitment is imminent, but we’ve often gotten word of a verbal early in the week following the visit. Like Monday/Tuesday. I wouldn’t say there is no chance of a quick commitment at this point.

Reaction Score
... So no commitment before departure. Must have been a casual OV.

He hasn’t left yet, and- coming into the visit- the staff expected him to take other visits before he announces a commitment. If I’m 18 or 19 and colleges are offering to fly me around, pay for some nice meals and hotels, and talk me up- I am taking all the officials I can get away with. Yes, the number is 5, but some schools will move on if you play too much.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
He hasn’t left yet, and- coming into the visit- the staff expected him to take other visits before he announces a commitment. If I’m 18 or 19 and colleges are offering to fly me around, pay for some nice meals and hotels, and talk me up- I am taking all the officials I can get away with. Yes, the number is 5, but some schools will move on if you play too much.
So he’s on campus from Thursday until today?

Reaction Score
So he’s on campus from Thursday until today?

Timeline for typical weekend official visits: Thursday evening fly-ins/arrival, 48 hour official starts Friday morning and goes to Sunday morning, Sunday morning/early afternoon (depending on flights) departure

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Timeline for typical weekend official visits: Thursday evening fly-ins/arrival, 48 hour official starts Friday morning and goes to Sunday morning, Sunday morning/early afternoon (depending on flights) departure
So the dam is about to break?

C

Chief00

That’s a lock. Dre may be the best tool aside from Kemba(if walker ever tried to help with cruits)

Now you know why Chief been staying in his lane. I don’t believe it’s the best time to take a picture of this “ incidental” contact and circulate it on the internet.

The naysayers don’t bother Chief - standing by my September prediction. When Chief is vindicated yet again, they will then say anyone could have made a correct prediction, that it was predestine. Yet, none of the Clueless Choir did.

Last edited by a moderator:

pj

Reaction Score
Didn't Jim Calhoun used to be 6'4"? Looks like he's down to 6'1".

Reaction Score
Didn't Jim Calhoun used to be 6'4"? Looks like he's down to 6'1".

Men begin to shrink in height around age 35. You can expect to lose at least 2 inches in height.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom