Isaiah Wong cuts to 5 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Wong cuts to 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Clemson, Pittsburgh, Miami, UConn & Villanova

UConn
: “UConn is a great place with great history and reputation. Coach Hurley is the son of one of the greats so they will expect a lot. They tell me they really want me to be a part of building their program and have a lot of good things to say about what they think I can do there.”

Reaction Score
Sounds good to be in the final five until you read the comments he made about the ACC several times and then the answer to the last Q&A question:

Q: What factors are going to make up your decision?

A: “The style of play, coaching relationship, conference and level of impact I will make and which school will be the best environment for me to get to the next level.”

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Sounds good to be in the final five until you read the comments he made about the ACC several times and then the answer to the last Q&A question:

Q: What factors are going to make up your decision?

A: “The style of play, coaching relationship, conference and level of impact I will make and which school will be the best environment for me to get to the next level.”
4 out of 5's not bad.

Reaction Score
Outside looking in here. Much stronger with dawes and gaffney.

Reaction Score
What I like about this is that we are landing on the final lists of all the players Hurley has put time into. I understand a final list means nothing if we dont land them but the new staff is making a list of players they want and so far seems to be making an impression on the players, but so TBD.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Outside looking in here. Much stronger with dawes and gaffney.
We are stronger with Gaffney especially if Florida lands Tre Mann who they have prioritized over Gaffney. Still think we are in the mix for Wong too, wouldn’t count us out.

Reaction Score
4 out of 5's not bad.

I know. It's just the hangover from the last coach always seeming to be in the final five for players like Reddish and then coming up empty.
Certainly if effort means anything this year we have a shot at some really good players.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What I like about this is that we are landing on the final lists of all the players Hurley has put time into. I understand a final list means nothing if we dont land them but the new staff is making a list of players they want and so far seems to be making an impression on the players, but so TBD.

Normally I would poo poo this, but with the entire staff getting here a few months ago, and starting 1-1.5 years behind everybody else, I'm on board.

If the 2019 year's class isn't a monster, I'll understand. I hope it is, but I get it if it falls short of that.

Reaction Score
Clemson, Pittsburgh, Miami, UConn & Villanova

UConn
: “UConn is a great place with great history and reputation. Coach Hurley is the son of one of the greats so they will expect a lot. They tell me they really want me to be a part of building their program and have a lot of good things to say about what they think I can do there.”

That's a strong final 5 and I'm psyched to not see Puke and North Barolina or Cantucky in the mix. Villanova is going to be a tough team to beat if they are pursuing Wong hard.

Reaction Score
That's a strong final 5 and I'm psyched to not see Puke and North Barolina or Cantucky in the mix. Villanova is going to be a tough team to beat if they are pursuing Wong hard.
People like you actually do exist. Stupid names like Red Sux, Cantucky. I’m a Husky fan as well but grow up with the dumb nicknames for other schools, we’re better than that.

Reaction Score
People like you actually do exist. Stupid names like Red Sux, Cantucky. I’m a Husky fan as well but grow up with the dumb nicknames for other schools, we’re better than that.

anigif_enhanced-7876-1450118620-4.gif

Reaction Score
One of our players we mentor said he heard Tennessee offered Tre Mann 30K. So Mann & UF not done deal.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
One of our players we mentor said he heard Tennessee offered Tre Mann 30K. So Mann & UF not done deal.
It boggles my mind that the NCAA cant or wont do anything to stop the paying of players like this. I really don't understand how this isn't shut down.

Reaction Score
Nova is tough to beat. Great coach, Championships, and send plenty of guys to the NBA, plus they play a great style of team ball.
Wong is the 9th best combo guard according to 247 and he just might choose between playing with either Quinerly or Gilbert. Those are seriously good backcourts.

Last edited:

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Tennessee boosters are notoriously sketchy and aggressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom