Isaiah Whaley signs with Heidelberg in the Bundesliga (top German league) | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley signs with Heidelberg in the Bundesliga (top German league)

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
1691524545404.gif

Reaction Score
Anyone know what kind of salary he's looking at? I hope he gets paid. Deserves it.

Reaction Score
The German league is the worst paying in Europe except for Munich and Berlin because they also play in the Euro League . Carlton in the same situation in France and Adams in Turkey which other than Spain pays the best but they vary so much it’s tough to even guess

Reaction Score
Think of Europe this way it’s very similar to football ( Soccer) . The Euro League is a separate league like the Champions league made up of the best clubs from their national leagues .
Each Country has its own league schedule
That season is divided between the regular season and Cup ( like our Playoffs)
Spain is usually at the top and of pay scale plus their the only country with three teams in the Euro League
) Real Madrid is a power Messi’s old club)
France , Germany, Turkey Greece , Serbia and Italy have two teams in the EuroLeague
Israel and Lithuania each have one Russia has a team but their being sanctioned
The pay scale for Euro league teams is much higher than national league teams .
Bazz and Kemba are playing in the Euro League . Adams did last year as a pick up for Macabee but was injured , He signed for a Turkish team not Euro.
Carlton plays in France and will play Kemba in the French league but his team is not Euro.?
Bazz, Kemba , and Giff will play each other in the Euro League but are in separate national leagues
The craziest fans are Serbs and Lithuanians . BB is equal to soccer in those countries .
Hopefully I did’t confuse anyone

Reaction Score
I hadn't seen any mention of this until Isaiah shared a post on his IG story. Same league as Niels Giffey, now playing for Bayern Munich. Heidelberg looks like its 90 minutes from the US Army base with 23,000 Americans in Stuttgart. Nice landing spot for Isaiah next season.

I lived in Heidelberg many many years ago. Beautiful city and best food I ever ate, off post. Lol
There were thousands of American troops in Heidelberg then, Campbell Barracks and Wilson Barracks, as well as Patrick Henry Village and Mark Twain Village for dependents. Isaiah will love it there.

Reaction Score
With how he played in the G-League, I felt he had a distant shot at some time in the NBA. This isn't a bad silver medal though

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Related, Bazz got a new team, still euro league.
Red Star is a really good team and they have a ruthless fanbase. There is a rumor the a soccer match between Red Star and Dinamo Zagreb of Croatia in the old Yugoslav league starting the Balkan war.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Lived in Bavaria for 5 years. Augsburg to be exact. Best five years of my life. It's great there. Wish I was him. I always thought that going to play in Europe was a better deal. He is going to love it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Congrats to Isaiah! I hope this is a great experience for him.

Reaction Score
Germany is a good place to play, as they treat the players very well, and more importantly, they pay on time.
This “pay on time” thing is so wild.

Watched a clip recently about a dude talkin about playing overseas and that he’s still owed money. He said one of the biggest difference between American and overseas is that they basically just pay you when they pay you. No real enforced schedule

Reaction Score
Lived in Bavaria for 5 years. Augsburg to be exact. Best five years of my life. It's great there. Wish I was him. I always thought that going to play in Europe was a better deal. He is going to love it.
Cloister Ondecks south of Munich? Best Gross bier and Schweinhochen in Bavaria! (sorry for my spelling errors!)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom