Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread | The Boneyard

Isaiah Washington Speculation Thread

Reaction Score
Isaiah Washington just liked a tweet from 3 hours ago, saying “@Jellyfam_Dimes Come to UCONN! point guard U! Lets gooo”. This along with his close relationship with Sid make me optimistic about are chances. Real fun kid to watch, also seems to have a somewhat close relationship with Jalen, he often commented on the Corey Porter videos featuring Jalen.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Isaiah Washington just liked a tweet from 3 hours ago, saying “@Jellyfam_Dimes Come to UCONN! point guard U! Lets gooo”. This along with his close relationship with Sid make me optimistic about are chances. Real fun kid to watch, also seems to have a somewhat close relationship with Jalen, he often commented on the Corey Porter videos featuring Jalen.
I mean this seriously. This is the first proof this is actually possible. I’m excited!

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
This kid?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Can someone elaborate on him? Admittedly watched zero Minnesota basketball this year but his numbers don’t jump out at me. 24% beyond the arc on almost 3 attempts a game. 37% on 2pts. Not a great A:T ratio. Those all attributed to being a freshman?

Reaction Score
Can someone elaborate on him? Admittedly watched zero Minnesota basketball this year but his numbers don’t jump out at me. 24% beyond the arc on almost 3 attempts a game. 37% on 2pts. Not a great A:T ratio. Those all attributed to being a freshman?

Here’s a video from a game against Miami. Definitely demonstrates poor shot selection. Frankie Vision, the guy who made the video, has film from a bunch of his games throughout the year at Minnesota. I like his videos because they aren’t simply highlights, he includes the misses and poor plays of the players as well.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Needs to take better shots and improve his shooting percentage, but there's no doubt he can come in and run an offense.

Kid is tough I've seen him play a few times.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
This kid is a good PG
Saw him play a couple Minn U games
He didn't get my eye with his scoring but handled the ball and the offensive flow pretty well
If Coach H can grab him it would be a good

Reaction Score
Watched vid, did not like at all.
Not sure my heart can take another guy whose skill set and self-perceived skill set differ by so great an amount. Horrid shot selection caused by a fundamental misunderstanding of his own limitations. A man has got to know his limitations.

Reaction Score
Watched vid, did not like at all.
Not sure my heart can take another guy whose skill set and self-perceived skill set differ by so great an amount. Horrid shot selection caused by a fundamental misunderstanding of his own limitations. A man has got to know his limitations.

That's enough for me. Would hate to use a scholly on a kid that doesn't pass the MadDogRevival 1 video eye test. Too much talent and confidence for us!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
One of the biggest problems that I can see is that he currently seems perfectly happy playing for Minnesota.

Nothing to see here right now.

Reaction Score
One of the biggest problems that I can see is that he currently seems perfectly happy playing for Minnesota.

Nothing to see here right now.

Was assuming I missed a transfer request. Pretty upset with myself and this thread right now

Reaction Score
A lot of this probably comes from Sterling Gibbs' Tweet about Washington following Young to UConn.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A lot of this probably comes from Sterling Gibbs' Tweet about Washington following Young to UConn.

I would say almost all of it came out of that.

Reaction Score
Not a big fan of "recruiting" kids currently on another's schools roster.........if he declares he's transferring out then recruit away otherwise feels a little low-class, regardless of his "likes" on social media. He has every right to leave MN but until he floats that he is or reaches out I will assume he's staying put, sitting out a year even to come to UConn is a tough pill.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I loved him on the Love Boat but isn’t he a bit old to play pg
upload_2018-4-5_22-49-22.jpeg

Reaction Score
Things that are in UConn's favor:
  • Pitino on the hot seat in Minnesota
  • UConn hiring the assistant from Minnesota that recruited Washington
  • UConn being closer to NYC if family/friends want to watch him play
  • Friend Sid Wilson already on the UConn roster -- I would also guess he knows CV/Diarra well from the NYC basketball circuit
Now we sit back and wait and see if he's content where he is or wants to return to the northeast.

Reaction Score
Things that are in UConn's favor:
  • Pitino on the hot seat in Minnesota
  • UConn hiring the assistant from Minnesota that recruited Washington
  • UConn being closer to NYC if family/friends want to watch him play
  • Friend Sid Wilson already on the UConn roster -- I would also guess he knows CV/Diarra well from the NYC basketball circuit
Now we sit back and wait and see if he's content where he is or wants to return to the northeast.
if he wants to transfer I bet he comes here. who knows if he's leaving, though.

Reaction Score
if he wants to transfer I bet he comes here. who knows if he's leaving, though.
On the Minnesota message board they don’t seem to think he’s to happy there. And it’s been compounded by Kimani Young’s departure

Reaction Score
On the Minnesota message board they don’t seem to think he’s to happy there. And it’s been compounded by Kimani Young’s departure
yeah if he leaves it just makes too much sense. He's a starter day 1 after he sits out for the year. Take over the reigns for Adams

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom