Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky) | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Briscoe (Committed to Kentucky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 11m11 minutes ago
Talked to George Briscoe. Said they are looking to decide this weekend & then announce on ESPN, possibly Nov. 13 but not definite.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria 11m11 minutes ago
George said Isaiah is feeling 'comfortable with a few things' & 'We're looking to get this done.' Still UK, SJU & UConn, UConn appears 3rd.

Announce on ESPN? Sounds like a Wildcat

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I hope he goes St Johns for his own sake. He doesn't have NBA athleticism and his ticket to getting drafted is probably going to be putting on shows. At St John's he can be the show, at Kentucky he's in a mix with a lot of people roughly as highly touted as him.

Reaction Score
I hope he goes St Johns for his own sake. He doesn't have NBA athleticism and his ticket to getting drafted is probably going to be putting on shows. At St John's he can be the show, at Kentucky he's in a mix with a lot of people roughly as highly touted as him.
I don't see why players are going to want to go to UK--I suspect Ulis is going to be there for some years, and from I'm hearing he's already a better PG than Harrison. They can run the two PG system, but let's see if Harrison can leave after this year. I don't see how/why he would be a first round pick.

Reaction Score
I don't see why players are going to want to go to UK--I suspect Ulis is going to be there for some years, and from I'm hearing he's already a better PG than Harrison. They can run the two PG system, but let's see if Harrison can leave after this year. I don't see how/why he would be a first round pick.

Calipari would probably kick the Harrisons out if they wanted to come back for a third year. Taking a couple of top-10 recruits with NBA size and not having them in the NBA after two years would hurt Calipari on the recruiting trail (which means he'd only get 4 All-Americans every year instead of 5) just as much as it would help him on the court.

Reaction Score
Next - we are out and have been since trimmed to 3.

I really like the kids who are low profile - I mean if Diamond wants to announce on ESPN that's all good but you know Calipari wants him to use ESPN for this. Next is right, don't care for kids who think they need to do it that way anyway!

Reaction Score
Lots of apprehension, and I don't want to say disdain but that's the sense I'm getting, for Briscoe. I know he's most likely not going here, but I think keeping the bashing to a minimum until he is either a Jonny or Wildcat would be optimal. Besides, if he changes his tune and commits to UConn out of nowhere (I know there is <.01% chance), how would we all look?

Reaction Score
Isaiah Briscoe on Brink of Decision, Will Announce Soon

Pretty clear UConn is out.

As for UConn, George said they are “absolutely” still in the mix.

“Connecticut’s been to the school,” he said. “Glen Miller’s been in contact, Kevin Ollie’s been in contact, but you know how this thing goes. If you think the odds are against you and it’s down to three, you move on to the next guy. That’s just the recruiting world. You put more stock into another person. That’s cool, that’s the way it goes.”

Asked if UConn had done that, George said, “I haven’t seen them, but I know they’ve been at the school. I’m not in town. I’m just saying, we understand it. If that’s what’s going on, I don’t know. But I know they’ve been in contact with my son heavy.”

Reaction Score
Sounds nice on all, but a great source of NyC recruitment told me that we are an afterthought and staff has already moved on. Not sure how recent those calls and visits are.

Not bashing the kid at all. Wish him the best. He just won't be in Storrs.

pj

Reaction Score
Reading the article, it sounds like St John's. The way Kentucky recruits, it would make sense to wait until spring if you want to go there.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Nothing has changed here since about September.

Kentucky has other irons in the fire and he never wanted to go to UConn.

Reaction Score
I'm actually not sure any of his top three are great fits. If he comes here, he has to contend with, at minimum, Cassell, Samuel, and Adams for minutes. Even if he's the competitive type who doesn't mind competing for minutes, that has log jam written all over it - I think we're set at guard.

As @tzznandrew points out, Ullis is a hell of a prospect and he's probably too undersized to declare early. There's no guarantee the Harrison kid leaves, either, and you never know who Calipari is going to sign during the spring period (possibly Newman). It might sound appealing now to join a program that demands exposure and play for a coach who knows how to get kids to the league, but by November of 2015, he'll be talking himself into playing 15 minutes a game as part of a "platoon system".

And St. Johns still employs Steve Lavin, who A) might not even be there by next season, and B) isn't that good at his profession. His best bet is probably UConn. Even if he has to wait his turn, he'll contribute right away if he can play and he'll be learning from the best. Doesn't seem like it's in the cards though.

Reaction Score
I'm actually not sure any of his top three are great fits. If he comes here, he has to contend with, at minimum, Cassell, Samuel, and Adams for minutes. Even if he's the competitive type who doesn't mind competing for minutes, that has log jam written all over it - I think we're set at guard.

As @tzznandrew points out, Ullis is a hell of a prospect and he's probably too undersized to declare early. There's no guarantee the Harrison kid leaves, either, and you never know who Calipari is going to sign during the spring period (possibly Newman). It might sound appealing now to join a program that demands exposure and play for a coach who knows how to get kids to the league, but by November of 2015, he'll be talking himself into playing 15 minutes a game as part of a "platoon system".

And St. Johns still employs Steve Lavin, who A) might not even be there by next season, and B) isn't that good at his profession. His best bet is probably UConn. Even if he has to wait his turn, he'll contribute right away if he can play and he'll be learning from the best. Doesn't seem like it's in the cards though.
its easy to say were his best fit because we want him to play here. I want him just as much as the next guy but his best fit is where he thinks his best fit is and its most likely not here

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I think he goes to St. Johns. Becomes the next Mike Rosario, NJ kid to stay home averages a nice PPG but is so under exposed and inefficient that he transfers to a major(has a decent jr/sr year) and ends up in Europe.

Reaction Score
I think he goes to St. Johns. Becomes the next Mike Rosario, NJ kid to stay home averages a nice PPG but is so under exposed and inefficient that he transfers to a major(has a decent jr/sr year) and ends up in Europe.
Briscoe is a much more polished guard than Rosario was. Rosario was mostly a shooter who was undersized for the 2 while Briscoe has great size for a PG and is a great slasher

Reaction Score
its easy to say were his best fit because we want him to play here. I want him just as much as the next guy but his best fit is where he thinks his best fit is and its most likely not here

I actually don't think we're a great fit, I just think that of the three, we're the best option. Obviously my opinion means nothing, but Kentucky doesn't seem particularly enamored with him and Steve Lavin can't coach a dog to eat a piece of ham.

Reaction Score
UK will recruit over him in a second and as others have stated, are as we speak. And the Johnnies will always be what they are now, capable on a given night to be really good but mostly will not be and end up NIT bound at best.

But no matter, not a fan of his side of the recruitment - not him in particular more his "team" so his moving on is more than good!

Reaction Score
Calipari would probably kick the Harrisons out if they wanted to come back for a third year. Taking a couple of top-10 recruits with NBA size and not having them in the NBA after two years would hurt Calipari on the recruiting trail (which means he'd only get 4 All-Americans every year instead of 5) just as much as it would help him on the court.
It's easy for Calipari to kick out kids when their team doesn't make the NCAAs. It's less easy when they've been to the National Championship Game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom