Isaiah Abraham vid | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Abraham vid

pj

Reaction Score
Abraham has improved so much in the last year. If he keeps up this trajectory he's NBA bound. This UConn coaching staff has a great eye for talent, and dedication to the game. It seems like they haven't missed on an evaluation for a very long time (since the Rahsool/CFJ/Gaffney period).

Reaction Score
Abraham has improved so much in the last year. If he keeps up this trajectory he's NBA bound. This UConn coaching staff has a great eye for talent, and dedication to the game. It seems like they haven't missed on an evaluation for a very long time (since the Rahsool/CFJ/Gaffney period).
It's incredible. Every part of his game (handle, shooting, strength, passing) is better by so much more than it should be given the short time. He was already a great defender and energy guy, but he seems so much more skilled now. And his body has improved quite a bit as well.
I'm really excited for what this kid will be in November, but much more so what he will be the following November.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
Don't shoot me for saying this, but the best comp for this kid is Carmelo. Abraham needs to improve his shooting to be anywhere near that level of impact, but he moves on the court and has a feel for the game like him. Also reminds me a bit of Caron Butler.

Reaction Score
He could be 6-9 by the time he gets here.

Two words. ---Hilton.

Reaction Score
Were those misses or the best they could do at the time?

Reaction Score
I can’t believe he is the first player at UConn that can split a basketball into 5 different balls. That’s bound to confuse our foes.

Reaction Score
From everything I've heard, he's really probably a 3-4 year player, and more of a PF than a wing. He might be the biggest beneficiary from a playing time perspective if Karaban stays in the draft. Hard worker, great defender, energy guy.

If Karaban returns, I doubt he gets a ton of time next season, but he's a fantastic long-term project piece. The kind of guy that we can really develop due to his physical tools and work ethic.

Reaction Score
If he and Nowell can provide some freshman spark and trusted depth. The return of AK, this team runs 10 deep. Outside of Diarra, none of these guys are automatically out in 26 so this team could have a two year run together

pj

Reaction Score
Were those misses or the best they could do at the time?

I don't know, but either way, how far we've come! Either the coaching staff has improved, or the stature of the program, or (most likely) both.

Reaction Score
From everything I've heard, he's really probably a 3-4 year player, and more of a PF than a wing. He might be the biggest beneficiary from a playing time perspective if Karaban stays in the draft. Hard worker, great defender, energy guy.

If Karaban returns, I doubt he gets a ton of time next season, but he's a fantastic long-term project piece. The kind of guy that we can really develop due to his physical tools and work ethic.

I thought so too until I saw him play a few weeks ago and he's a 3/4 but played more like a modern 4 or 3 than a true 4.

Reaction Score
Don't shoot me for saying this, but the best comp for this kid is Carmelo. Abraham needs to improve his shooting to be anywhere near that level of impact, but he moves on the court and has a feel for the game like him. Also reminds me a bit of Caron Butler.
Doesn't have anywhere near the on-ball/shot creating skills of Carmelo and that's not a knock on him, Melo was a one of one hs recruit/college freshman

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can’t believe he is the first player at UConn that can split a basketball into 5 different balls. That’s bound to confuse our foes.
the matrix dodging GIF

Reaction Score
This kid is a monster physically. His jumper looks solid and workable. I like what he brings to the table.
IIRC .During one of the recent telecasts of his team playing Montvedre. One of the broadcasters mentioned he had an exceptional GPA-Maybe 3.8-4.0 range. A smart young dude. He'll be an asset in year 1-Has a little edge to him- Kind of a Tyrese Martin vibe.

Reaction Score
We play roughly 30 regular season games.

Often you are just beginning to sharpen your game and narrow your rotation going into the last 1/3 of the season.

During that first 1/3, can we play and beat some teams keeping our starters in reserve on the bench, a scrimmage that counts??

Starting 5 of Abraham, Nowell, Ball, Singare, Ross. Down 5 at the half? Bench a few of the "starters" for second half, and add in 2 or 3 of the next 5 up the depth chart. Still down with 10 minutes to go? Put the full starting lineup on the floor.

I realize that this could affect our KenPom and all the analytic ranking stuff, but if we really have to worry about that for Selection purposes, we are DOOMED anyway. This way, a guy like Abraham or Ross would get a real shot at showing what they can do in a game outside of practice with low risk to either Conference or Tournament chances.

I realize the coaches see these kids every day and have a pretty good idea what the outcome of this little exercise would be, HOWEVER, the Boneyard would have more real data with which to argue with!!

Reaction Score
We play roughly 30 regular season games.

Often you are just beginning to sharpen your game and narrow your rotation going into the last 1/3 of the season.

During that first 1/3, can we play and beat some teams keeping our starters in reserve on the bench, a scrimmage that counts??

Starting 5 of Abraham, Nowell, Ball, Singare, Ross. Down 5 at the half? Bench a few of the "starters" for second half, and add in 2 or 3 of the next 5 up the depth chart. Still down with 10 minutes to go? Put the full starting lineup on the floor.

I realize that this could affect our KenPom and all the analytic ranking stuff, but if we really have to worry about that for Selection purposes, we are DOOMED anyway. This way, a guy like Abraham or Ross would get a real shot at showing what they can do in a game outside of practice with low risk to either Conference or Tournament chances.

I realize the coaches see these kids every day and have a pretty good idea what the outcome of this little exercise would be, HOWEVER, the Boneyard would have more real data with which to argue with!!
No.

Thank you for your contribution.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I like that 3 pointer where the ball turns into 4 balls and then back into one before it goes in. Special skill
Five ball, actually.
So would that be 15 points?
5 balls.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog