2024 Recruiting: - Isaiah Abraham Talks Recruitment | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Isaiah Abraham Talks Recruitment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This commitment reminds me of Ross. Dan is good at identifying players before they blow up. Let’s hope the shot comes around like Ross did.
I 100% trust Hurley and the staff at identifying talent and fit, I think they're the best in the country at it but Abraham's ranking has gone down.

Doesn't mean it will remain down though.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I 100% trust Hurley and the staff at identifying talent and fit, I think they're the best in the country at it but Abraham's ranking has gone down.

He seems like he can defend and cut. Even if Karaban leaves early for the NBA, Stewart, Ross, and Ball are all guys who will put up points. It’s not the end of the world if one wing isn’t wired to score. Hurley scouts so well that you have to trust him

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Yeah, I’m not high on him yet tbh. But I’ll acknowledge the upside in a 6’7 kid with major athleticism. The shot not being broken gives me hope he’ll get to a point of consistently making open ones. But he’s a project at the end of the day.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I’m not high on him yet tbh. But I’ll acknowledge the upside in a 6’7 kid with major athleticism. The shot not being broken gives me hope he’ll get to a point of consistently making open ones. But he’s a project at the end of the day.
It’s nice that our projects are 4 star recruits now instead of guys whose recruiting profiles are YouTube dunk tapes

In Hurley we trust, he sees something that we may not right now. If Abraham ends up committing, I’ll be looking forward to watching him play next year with a college staff letting him know what to work on before he gets on campus!

Reaction Score
Where does this leave us though with Tyler Betsey? Same body style, a 3/4.

Betsey is 1) unique and 2) frankly, so much better than Abraham it shouldn't scare him for a second. Betsey is really in his own class as a player compared to the other 3/4s we're recruiting in terms of skillset. True 3 and D.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You guys are like in panic/ anxious mode. These guys are all 6'6 6"7 6'8 long athletic and skilled players. I'm pretty sure they can make it work with a great coaching staff like ours

Reaction Score
Lock Nowell and Abraham in and then bring in Abraham's cousin and Betsey. Done.
Would be a great class. We will need another guard whether through the portal or from high school. Maybe Danny doesn't want two large classes back to back so maybe portal. Will need multiple guards if Diarra leaves with Newton, Spencer gone and Castle expected to be gone. Nowell and Ball would be our only guards.

Reaction Score
Would be a great class. We will need another guard whether through the portal or from high school. Maybe Danny doesn't want two large classes back to back so maybe portal. Will need multiple guards if Diarra leaves with Newton, Spencer gone and Castle expected to be gone. Nowell and Ball would be our only guards.
I think days of worrying about that are over with the frequency of how often these kids move around. 2 consecutive 5 msn classes doesn’t mean you have those 10 guys for multiple years anymore.

Reaction Score

Well, Abraham's composite ranking is back up to #69.

Reaction Score

“I might wait like a week after we leave [Peach Jam] at most,” Abraham said. “I’ve pretty much already decided, but I still need to talk it over with my family and make sure before I announce.”

"UConn comes with that great, winning program,” he said. “They just put guys in the NBA so that’s something I look at. Then, just the coaching staff. They prioritize me. With Marquette, that was my first visit. Obviously, my dad (Faisal Abraham) has his legacy there. I really like Shaka (Smart), too, and just the program as a whole. My dad just tells me what to value in schools. He just wants me to choose the best place for me.”

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Well, Abraham's composite ranking is back up to #69.
1688653038215.png

Reaction Score
Well the bold plus the crystal balls is good news for the good guys.
Yeah I feel like he is probably ours. Initially I wanted Howard over him but Howard has seemed to come back down to earth a bit, and I gotta believe Abraham helps us with Ngongba.

Abraham, Ngongba, Nowell, Betsey my dream class right now. If I’m being greedy I’ll add Edgecombe but would like a visit scheduled before I’d consider it a real possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom