Is UConn the only team affected by the rule change? | The Boneyard

Is UConn the only team affected by the rule change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the new APR rule is put into place is there anyone but UConn affected? HBCU are exempted.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If the new APR rule is put into place is there anyone but UConn affected? HBCU are exempted.

From what I remember from when this started, there are other schools besides UCONN but if I remember correctly, they were historically black universities (possibly Grambling??) who were not what you would call NCAA tourney teams. When I first saw the list of schools, I thought right away that because UCONN was the only school that regularly makes the tourney, it was a back-handed way to get back at UCONN and Jim Calhoun for skirting some of their punishments for the Miles case.

I think UCONN needs to take this to court and get an injunction. Based on what I know, I think UCONN has a great chance of winning. This is why I hate that UCONN tried to 'buy' their way out of the ban implementing their own penalties. That action made UCONN look guilty and drew additional media scrutiny. We should have just let them make their ruling and take them to court.

caw

Reaction Score
From what I remember from when this started, there are other schools besides UCONN but if I remember correctly, they were historically black universities (possibly Grambling??) who were not what you would call NCAA tourney teams. When I first saw the list of schools, I thought right away that because UCONN was the only school that regularly makes the tourney, it was a back-handed way to get back at UCONN and Jim Calhoun for skirting some of their punishments for the Miles case.

I think UCONN needs to take this to court and get an injunction. Based on what I know, I think UCONN has a great chance of winning. This is why I hate that UCONN tried to 'buy' their way out of the ban implementing their own penalties. That action made UCONN look guilty and drew additional media scrutiny. We should have just let them make their ruling and take them to court.

Grambling, Southern, Cal-State Northridge, Chicago State and University of Louisiana at Monroe would all receive bans under the old system and thus under the new as well. This did not change their status.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Grambling, Southern, Cal-State Northridge, Chicago State and University of Louisiana at Monroe would all receive bans under the old system and thus under the new as well. This did not change their status.
Thanks for clarifying. As I indicated, UCONN is the only NCAA tourney team there so I definitely think this was done to get back at UCONN for getting around the scholarship restriction when they signed Drummond. Even though UCONN acted within the rules, I'm sure it pissed off the little Napoleans at the NCAA office.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the team we play 2moro is close to the line as well score wise. i think they are safe by a couple points in the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom