Is Tim Brando ok? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Tim Brando ok?

Reaction Score
My other was the carrying call on xavier that Danny hurley was not happy with.
That's what I thought I heard but then I figured there's no way he would say that on an Xavier carry call. So I guess he did say that?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice Marshall trying to compare Villanova to last year’s UConn team Last night? Worse than last week when he said, “that’s what being a father is all about,” after Oduro, the new dad, dunked a ball. ????????

You just can’t listen to what Donny says. He’s not a stupid person, but put a microphone on him and he is going to fill every second of dead air with something. He doesn’t care if makes sense.

Reaction Score
Why do we complain/comment on announcers every game…….
Jealousy or scorn.

Jealous the announcers are making what they make and seem to get paid not a pittance, to misstate facts.

Scorn at their misreading what is happening on the court or for going overboard to seem objective by knocking their alma mater.

On the other hand, and on a positive note, the "good ones" seem to get their due credit.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
What happened to you?
He's right, don't click on threads of topics you don't care about just to say 'this is stupid.' I ignore more threads on this board than I actively read, it's better than dumping on other peoples interests.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
You’ve never heard “thin skinned?” He’s saying Hurley used to need to react to every provocation and now he’s matured and doesn’t.

Yes, people don’t speak as perfectly as they age but damn …..

The irony of you providing the definition of thin skinned is pretty good.

Reaction Score
Brando was bad. REALLY bad. He messed up names so many times that it isn't worth mentioning. That being said, he didn't mess up because of lack of preparation or stupidity. I think he's just at that point where he screws up names. I have absolutely called my son by the dog's name and I'm about 20 years younger than Brando. I wonder if Brando, as an announcer, just doesn't change his mistakes because it would be distracting. It's actually kind of sad.

I do wonder why these stations stick with the older guys that have lost a LOT off their fastball. Brando was also making references that were pretty Boomer and nobody younger than Gen X would get. He's 68. Maybe it's time to get some new blood in there? Maybe Seth Hayes is ready after flaming out on sportscenter.

Reaction Score
Did anyone else notice Marshall trying to compare Villanova to last year’s UConn team Last night? Worse than last week when he said, “that’s what being a father is all about,” after Oduro, the new dad, dunked a ball. ????????
I like Donny a ton as he was a bad ass alpha on our UConn teams and I am sure he would be great to meet in public. However, without any malice, I can say I just don't think he is good as a in game analyst.

Reaction Score
Someone almost made a comment about Quick Pitino's marital issues when they showed him hug his wife at the end of the game.

Reaction Score
Is he O.K.? Did he have a stroke or something? I can't even listen to him half the time. Didn't he used to be a really good announcer?

Newton gets fouled. The ref clearly calls a foul. Brando says, "Ball out of bounds." I say, "What are you talking about?"

Spencer goes in for a basket. Brando says it was Newton. Do they look anything alike? Lol. He's only called at least 5 UConn games this season.

I know it's a tough job but he doesn't seem to be as good at it as he used to be.
Would you rather have Donny or Big Bill?

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Did anyone see him earlier with a quote from Hurley on the screen and instead of reading it like he was supposed to he paraphrased it to death where it wasn't really close to what coach said?

Reaction Score
Good point. I wonder if this is the reason I don't mind him. Some of my favorite games were in those Lundquist twilight years
I remember hearing Phil Rizzuto say a black player was a credit to his race, and of course there was the famous home run call by the Yankee announcer a few years ago.

Reaction Score
Neither are play-by-play guys, which is what Brando is. They're both color commentators. So the question isn't valid.
If you can stand listening to Walton or Donny just because they don’t call the game per se, or step all over what the pbp guy is actually saying then God bless you.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Watched the replay he did ok to me. To the OP are you ok?
Did you listen to him at all? A lot of the errors are above so I wasn’t the only who heard them. Did you have your hearing aids on when you watched the replay?

Last edited:

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Watched the replay he did ok to me. To the OP are you ok?
Well then someone’s not ok. To be honest, I heard the first thing, but mostly ignored him after that. That’s the advantage of watching with a loud group.

Reaction Score
Did you listen to him at all? A lot of the errors are above so I wasn’t the only who heard them. Did you have your hearing aids on when you watched the replay?
Ehh he got it wrong about a call that’s all that really stood out to me didn’t particularly care about his commentary was focused more so on the game itself, I had the volume on relatively low. Like I said he was ok not great, I have heard much worse, Jackson is a great listen though.

Reaction Score
Well then someone’s not ok. To be honest, I heard the first thing, but mostly ignored him after that. That’s the advantage of watching with a loud group.
He was ok not great you can’t change my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom