Is there any chance of salvaging this season? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is there any chance of salvaging this season?

Reaction Score
I would love to see us win the AAC tourney and go into the NCAA tourney with a losing record, heads would explode. LOL

Reaction Score
I stopped rooting for wins and started focusing on player development. Jackson and especially Vital have to be more consistent 3 point threats. Adams and Rodney need to stop turning it over. And Enoch needs to work on foot speed and athleticism. Maybe that's an offseason thing...but I'm not sure it's in him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Fringe-S3x12-Outlook-not-so-good.jpg

Reaction Score
If salvaging means growth and real improvement for returnees then yes. Otherwise if you mean postseason possibilities? Nah.

Reaction Score
Starts with our defense. The defense has been spotty at best.
More man to man less zone (i know we're short on bodies).

Reaction Score
If salvaging means growth and real improvement for returnees then yes. Otherwise if you mean postseason possibilities? Nah.
My thoughts exactly. While I would like to see them pretty up their record a bit, I'm not too concerned about the unlikely chance of an NCAA tourney run.

The real win this season wild be if the young guys (Jackson, Vital, Howard, and Enoch) continue showing growth, to the point where they start taking more minutes from the seniors by season's end. Not all of those guys will be starters next year, but we'll need the majority of them to be productive players to have a successful season.

Reaction Score
Anything can happen in the AAC tourney, especially with it being in Hartford.

Pretty much screwed for an at large at this point, but the remaining games are important for seeding in conference tourney. Need to finish in the top 5 (which seems tough) so we don't play in the opening round. With the depth issues we have, it would be particularly tough for this team to go on a crazy run if they don't get a bye and have to play in that opening round against Tulane or someone like that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom