Is there a grad transfer right under our noses? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is there a grad transfer right under our noses?

Reaction Score
So if Lopez gets offered and she accepts, what returning player’s minutes are you giving up for her? Or is Geno telling her to give it her all at practice and expect little playing time? Why should Nika give up minutes when she could be developing her 3pt shot and she potentially has 3 more years? Are you taking minutes away from Paige? Fudd? Ducharme? It’s tricky.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So if Lopez gets offered and she accepts, what returning player’s minutes are you giving up for her? Or is Geno telling her to give it her all at practice and expect little playing time? Why should Nika give up minutes when she could be developing her 3pt shot and she potentially has 3 more years? Are you taking minutes away from Paige? Fudd? Ducharme? It’s tricky.
She'll be taking some minutes that Evina and Christyn got.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Why would returning players minutes be given up? This past season Christyn averaged 33.4 mpg and Evina 27.8. That’s 61 mpg from players headed to the W.

There are more than enough minutes for Paige, Nika, Caroline, Azzi, as well as Lopez if she transfers to UConn. Everybody Eats!

Reaction Score
Why would returning players minutes be given up? This past season Christyn averaged 33.4 mpg and Evina 27.8. That’s 61 mpg from players headed to the W.

There are more than enough minutes for Paige, Nika, Caroline, Azzi, as well as Lopez if she transfers to UConn. Everybody Eats!
Get her first...the minutes will workout. If she has to play more than 25-30 mins a game...Geno still does not have enough quality depth.

Reaction Score

All of the above plus the fact that 4 guards is not enough no matter who they are and whose minutes could be affected. This year we had 6 and that was not enough, because for several games three were unavailable and we did not have a single backup guard for any of the three guard spots.

Now that may be unusual, but with four you have zero room for error. You cannot afford even one injury to a guard, or you don't have a backup for three positions. Five is a good number to play with regular minutes, not just as a contingency plan in case of injury. If our portal guard addition is clearly #5 out of 5 then she would likely get just a few minutes a game.

A Lopez or Myers level player could be more than that, and potentially threaten some of the minutes of Nika or Caroline, but only if they are better than those two and move a returnee to #4 or #5. I assume Paige and Azzi's minutes would not be threatened by anyone.

sun

Reaction Score
Just imagine if we still had Saylor, most likely she would have been part of the rotation.
Someone needs to pick up point production for CW & Evina, and I doubt that Caroline will be doing it all.
Lou would be more than just a back up, as a senior she'll become a scorer.
That shouldn't bother anyone because Geno knows how to evaluate players and distribute PT.
UConn needs to be ready for the OOC games at the beginning of next season.
There won't be much time to train & battle test the rookies.
They'll need go back to perfecting their running game to generate more offense against some of the better teams.

Last edited:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Lou Lopez-Senechal is still available. Abby Meyers has committed to Maryland.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Lou Lopez-Senechal is still available. Abby Meyers has committed to Maryland.
:eek: I was just getting ready to send you a note that I sprained my ankle jumping off the Abby Meyers bandwagon upon her announcement. So hopefully you have room for me on the Lou Lopez bandwagon that you started.

sun

Reaction Score
"Lopez-Senechal said she spoke with UConna assistant coach Morgan Valley and will likely visit the Storrs campus soon. The decision will be announced in the next few weeks....."

The new Fairfield coach will try to persuade Lou to stay at Fairfield for another year.

Reaction Score
All of the above plus the fact that 4 guards is not enough no matter who they are and whose minutes could be affected. This year we had 6 and that was not enough, because for several games three were unavailable and we did not have a single backup guard for any of the three guard spots.

Now that may be unusual, but with four you have zero room for error. You cannot afford even one injury to a guard, or you don't have a backup for three positions. Five is a good number to play with regular minutes, not just as a contingency plan in case of injury. If our portal guard addition is clearly #5 out of 5 then she would likely get just a few minutes a game.

A Lopez or Myers level player could be more than that, and potentially threaten some of the minutes of Nika or Caroline, but only if they are better than those two and move a returnee to #4 or #5. I assume Paige and Azzi's minutes would not be threatened by anyone.

At UConn, no one owns minutes they don't earn in practice. If LS is a better guard in practice she'll get court time. In a way I hope she is.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
At UConn, no one owns minutes they don't earn in practice. If LS is a better guard in practice she'll get court time. In a way I hope she is.
Based on the highlights Lou Lopez-Senechal is going to make some shots. Looks like she can play 2 or 3 a mini-Evina if you will. My only question and I always have one, is how well can she defend?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom