Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is there a “nice” restaurant in Storrs?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
And they made me wait 90 minutes for pretzels and beer cheese and 2 beers in December , and I had to give my credit card at hostess stand because waitress never came back to table for 60 minutes , and doing that I got to game at under 12 time out. I like Willi brew well enough, it’s fine but horrible pre game decision unless you go 3 hours prior.

There is no good restaraunt close to storrs in any direction. I had a great meal at River Tevern in Chester last night though . It’s only 45-50 minutes from campus and you will get to game at same time as wili brew
look man, ixnay on the Chesteray and such stuff. it's bad enuf that ur around these parts, don't make it worse. warm weather clogging up the beaches and roads, micky d's and stuff.

and for those playing along at home, Chester is a lovely town in Vermont.

Reaction Score
I guess the Altnaveigh Inn is closed. It's a shame. A university the size of UConn should have several nice places just off campus. Parents visiting, professors, coaches, VIPs. Nothing! A darn shame. Hooligans?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Manchester not to far

Or find something on the way back to from wherever you're coming from. :)

Reaction Score
It really sounds like you’re just looking for some good non-pretentious food with a decent atmosphere within walking distance that isn’t a Moe’s Southwest Grill?

Yea, it’s true that there are no “great” restaurants in Storrs center but if you like Asian food, Tokyo Ramen has a decent atmosphere and really good food.

Same story for Little Aladdin for Mediterranean food.

Have fun on campus!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Chucks/Margaritas is decent. I haven’t been in a fairly long time but the ambience of the “barn” and the outdoor area are pretty good. Always thought it was a pretty good choice for a decent dinner, drinks and lively atmosphere. Maybe, someone that’s been recently can chime in. I’d put it on my list with Bidwell Tavern and Willibrew. All seem to be best when not packed, so I go really early or fairly late.
Chucks/Margaritas or Bidwell are perfectly fine date dinner spots. If your GF needs something fancier than that before a game, you might need to find a new one.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I guess the Altnaveigh Inn is closed. It's a shame. A university the size of UConn should have several nice places just off campus. Parents visiting, professors, coaches, VIPs. Nothing! A darn shame. Hooligans?

I couldn't remember the name of the place I always went to when the parents visited til your post. I am pretty sure it was the Altnaveigh Inn. When did that close?

Reaction Score
I really like Hops 44. I wouldn't put it in the "nice" category, more pub like, but I have loved the food I've had there, and it's in Storrs just off campus on Route 44.

Reaction Score
I will be on campus for the first time since 2016 tomorrow evening until after the game on Saturday. Now that Geno’s restaurant is closed- is there a “nice” place that I can bring my girlfriend to for dinner in Storrs Center/near campus one of the nights? Curious what others have done- we will be staying at the Graduate so prefer something walkable if possible. TIA.
Take a look at the Lakeview restaurant in Coventry. Less than a 10 minute drive from The Graduate. They have a pretty good menu and it won’t be crowded. Nice view of the lake also.

Reaction Score
I couldn't remember the name of the place I always went to when the parents visited til your post. I am pretty sure it was the Altnaveigh Inn. When did that close?
Based on google searches I think it closed around 2016 and is now the Spring Hill Inn, a guest house.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
There hasn't been a decent restaurant in that area since Larry Ross had The Mansfield Depot Restaurant.
I always regretted not going there since Larry was an Ansonia HS classmate of mine.

pierogiscri

the food guy
Reaction Score
As a recent grad, I have to admit that Storrs is simply one of the most underwhelming college towns in existence. The campus and surrounding area is good enough for underclassmen and that's it. A place like amherst just so much more to offer than storrs, and i hope the state of connecticut and uconn do something about it.

Reaction Score
As a recent grad, I have to admit that Storrs is simply one of the most underwhelming college towns in existence. The campus and surrounding area is good enough for underclassmen and that's it. A place like amherst just so much more to offer than storrs, and i hope the state of connecticut and uconn do something about it.
Thank the residents of Mansfield lol

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Thank the residents of Mansfield lol
Rightfully so, no one wants to live in and/or raise a family in a strictly college town. And if you do you’ll end up like Tyler Olander with more rings than Jim Boeheim.

Are there any legitimate jobs in the Storrs area that aren’t UConn-related?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The # of replies that just totally ignore the "nice" and "prefer something walkable" in the OP and go on to recommend places 30+ minutes away is peak Boneyard!!!
At least nobody suggested New Haven.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The # of replies that just totally ignore the "nice" and "prefer something walkable" in the OP and go on to recommend places 30+ minutes away is peak Boneyard!!!

There’s nothing nice in walking distance which is what people are telling him.

Peak Boneyard is some dumb ass bumbling into the conversation with some inane comment. That would be you.

Reaction Score
too funny - you should have seen it 40 years ago

Reaction Score
look man, ixnay on the Chesteray and such stuff. it's bad enuf that ur around these parts, don't make it worse. warm weather clogging up the beaches and roads, micky d's and stuff.

and for those playing along at home, Chester is a lovely town in VT

pierogiscri

the food guy
Reaction Score
Rightfully so, no one wants to live in and/or raise a family in a strictly college town. And if you do you’ll end up like Tyler Olander with more rings than Jim Boeheim.

Are there any legitimate jobs in the Storrs area that aren’t UConn-related?
if this is a serious reply, it's not like UConn was just founded 20 years ago it's been there for over 100 years. What's the point of appeasing suburban families over students in a college town? That's simply policy failure.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom