Is the SMU Game a must win | The Boneyard

Is the SMU Game a must win

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
no...unless we lose to Houston

Reaction Score
We need to win the games we should win. UCF, USF, Houston. Do that and we should be in.

Reaction Score
Gotta have 3 of 4 down the stretch to tread water. Doesn't really matter which 3 (i.e. a marquee win would offset a bad loss; avoid bad losses is as helpful as a marquee win).

Reaction Score
Must wins - USF & UCF & 1st AAC tourney game
Kinda must win - Houston
Would be very nice to win - SMU anything after 1st AAC tourney game
This is a pretty optimistic view.

USF & UCF are obviously must-wins
I think we also have to win either the Houston or SMU game
And really I'd like to make it to the championship game of the AAC tourney to basically take it out of the committee's hands

If we beat USF and UCF, lose to Houston and SMU, and just win 1 game in the tournament, there's a very good chance we'll be back in the NIT

DALTX

People better get us now ... because it's coming
Reaction Score
Yes, since I'm going to it.

Reaction Score
Gotta have 3 of 4 down the stretch to tread water. Doesn't really matter which 3 (i.e. a marquee win would offset a bad loss; avoid bad losses is as helpful as a marquee win).
Aside from making the NCAA, don't we need 3 of 4 and then at least 1 in the AAC to have any chance of doing anything postseason? Seriously.

Reaction Score
Needless to say....Yes, now SMU is a must win after this Houston debacle!

Reaction Score
This is a pretty optimistic view.

USF & UCF are obviously must-wins
I think we also have to win either the Houston or SMU game
And really I'd like to make it to the championship game of the AAC tourney to basically take it out of the committee's hands

If we beat USF and UCF, lose to Houston and SMU, and just win 1 game in the tournament, there's a very good chance we'll be back in the NIT

Unfortunately there's a very good chance that may happen. They just shot themselves in the foot today...

Reaction Score
This team deserves the NIT. How can you not be totally focused for this one? If it were up to me I might even turn down the NIT and just tell everyone to go away. Start over from scratch next year. Disgusted with this crew.

Reaction Score
Not really still I could still see us missing the tourny beating SMU. Need to win the conference tourny record is not pretty

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I don't know how they can/will beat SMU.

Reaction Score
It is SMU or win AAC tourney. With the up and down team we have I think we have a lot better chance winning at SMU. Pretty much that game is our season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how they can/will beat SMU.

That's what bothers me the most. When the hell did we turn into a program that has no chance of beating a barely ranked team on the road? The AAC is killing us, back in the Big East days we'd go out and beat teams that would wipe the floor with this SMU team. That's the scariest thing of all for me.

Reaction Score
Not really still I could still see us missing the tourny beating SMU. Need to win the conference tourny record is not pretty
We just moved to a 11 seed. We would be back to an 8 seed if we beat SMU, but will be back to NIT if we loose to UCF at home next saturday (unless of course we win the conference tournament)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Need to beat at least .500 vs the RPI 100. Today would have helped immensely allowing us to beat SMU to guarantee a .500+ record. Now we sit at 7-8 after today's loss. The math is simple. Don't lose to a sub 100 team, beat SMU plus at least one top half team in the AAC or put yourself at the mercy of the committee.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Even if they beat SMU, I think we're going to need to get to the AAC final. And if we lose Thursday, we're out unless we win the tournament.

Reaction Score
Even if they beat SMU, I think we're going to need to get to the AAC final. And if we lose Thursday, we're out unless we win the tournament.

that's probably right. any other scenario is a complete coin flip...not a good position. bummed that we could very well be sitting out for the second year in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom