Is Sanogo the player we miss the most? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is Sanogo the player we miss the most?

Reaction Score
AS could bang and wear down opponents. He will be missed. Whether DC has the stamina to do that for big chunks is the question. I worry most about our ability to control the boards if DC is not on the floor.

Reaction Score
Hawkins by far not even close. I am not insulting the beauty of sanagos game. Sanogo is a monster stud who became so smooth around the rim and made his free throws. Hawkins is nonsense good. Could be best player in NBA. I think Hawkins will be d and three at first, but gets weirdly good. I think Hawkins is better than Tatum as a Celtics fan. Hawkins skill set required entire defense to watch him.

Reaction Score
It depends on how Clingan inside game develops. If he can develop a solid back to the basket game it will help replace Sanogo. But as some have said, Sanogo was a rock during the tournament. He showed up and showed out for every game. Also, if Clingan can continue to play the D he played without fouling, than he won't need to score like Sanogo. Johnson and Singare are going to have to give a solid 12-15 minutes a game, or Sanogo will be sorely missed. I'm not so worried about DC, but the 2nd unit was a weapon that few teams, if any, had like UConn last year. This year the 2nd teams can't be a liability. The 2nd team bigs are the unknown this year.
Jackson will be missed. Hopefully, one of the new faces can bring energy to the floor like AJ did. This team can make up some of AJ's contributions by shooting better (which will help keep the floor spread) and do the little things like team rebounding and paying attention to the details.

Reaction Score
I mean you are asking who was better, Kareem or magic. Birds answer would be both.

Reaction Score
And people saying Jackson will be missed are 100% correct because he became good. He was awful and became a complete different player. I disliked Jacksons game until it changed. He was best pg, made threes, totally different player. I was super anti Jackson and was completely wrong.

Reaction Score
jax, they’ll figure it out in the pros as well

Reaction Score
DH sat down with the Big Three at the end of last year's season.. Said they had to step up.. They did.. And now they're gone. I would say DH/staff and those three guys hit it out of the park..

Gotta turn the page and move on.. The sign of a successful Program..

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Sanogo let UConn run an inside outside game. Without him, UConn would still be too dependent on a perimeter game throwing up threes. Danny's biggest coaching change was having Sanogo be a bigger part of the half court offense and this happened more and more in the latter part of the season. The biggest question mark going into next year will be can we still have that balance with our half court offense.
Agree with the first part and disagree with the second. We were force-feeding Sanogo in the post early on in the season. Teams picked up on this and they started to double him, exploiting his inability to find open teammates. Dan switched up the strategy and stopped the force-feeding and allowed basketball players to make plays. It helped that Adama's court vision improved dramatically, in part due to the coaching staff moving AJax to the dunker's spot.

Credit to the coaches for adapting our scheme and figuring out how the inside-outside game could work for us without having Adama go 1 v. 2 in the post.

Reaction Score
I'll miss Jackson the most. I'll specifically miss the play when he drives full speed up the court stops on a dime and drops a pass to a trailing Hawkins managing to simultaneously set a screen and get the assist.

Reaction Score
Hawkins by far not even close. I am not insulting the beauty of sanagos game. Sanogo is a monster stud who became so smooth around the rim and made his free throws. Hawkins is nonsense good. Could be best player in NBA. I think Hawkins will be d and three at first, but gets weirdly good. I think Hawkins is better than Tatum as a Celtics fan. Hawkins skill set required entire defense to watch him.
What did i just read? lmao

Reaction Score
F89DAE1B-3E03-4980-8E0F-0EEE154A26C8.gif

Reaction Score
I didn’t even realize Hawkins was a Celtics fan

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I think it is Sanogo but close call with Hawkins. But AS was the rock. He was our guy to end runs that other teams were on. Other team goes on an 8-0 run, Hurley calls timeout and we run a play for AS. Which when you look at the offensive efficiency rates for NCAA tourney since expansion to 64 teams, AS was pretty high if not first on the all time list. Meaning going to Sanogo to get a basket was the most sure way to get points. Hawkins went halves without scoring. AS was always present and usually delivered. Even when you consider leadership and taking nothing away from AJ, but when your team knows they got a guy that you can turn too an he is willing to take and make the big shots that gives everyone else more confidence. All things considered how can we miss anyone more than Sanogo.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I think it is Sanogo but close call with Hawkins. But AS was the rock. He was our guy to end runs that other teams were on. Other team goes on an 8-0 run, Hurley calls timeout and we run a play for AS. Which when you look at the offensive efficiency rates for NCAA tourney since expansion to 64 teams, AS was pretty high if not first on the all time list. Meaning going to Sanogo to get a basket was the most sure way to get points. Hawkins went halves without scoring. AS was always present and usually delivered. Even when you consider leadership and taking nothing away from AJ, but when your team knows they got a guy that you can turn too an he is willing to take and make the big shots that gives everyone else more confidence. All things considered how can we miss anyone more than Sanogo.
Agree with this. When we needed an easy bucket, especially in the tourney where teams sniffed a chance at making a run, Adama seemed to always get us a layup. Cling is a nice piece to have to step right into that role, but he’s got some work to do.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom