Is PP's age a factor? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is PP's age a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
So what you are saying is you want him to jump up and down and scream on the sidelines?

Not necessarily, but I wouldn't be mad if he did. I have seen him in practice. He has all the energy of the teacher from Ferris Bueller. I don't question his effort or integrity (I never said anything at all about his "desire"), but I question his ability to motivate. Pro coaches can be simply by the book because they are working with professionals. College coaches need to be able to draw on the emotional aspects of the game. I don't see this in CPP at this stage of his career.

Reaction Score
Once again, personality traits in your coaches don't matter, as long as they aren't criminal and breaking rules that are goign to penalize the program. Bobby Dodd, is a college hall of fame football coach, that has winning records against some of the all time most well known rah-rah, and screamer coaches in college football, and the only time Dodd ever raised his voice, was when he found out a student was screwing around with his classes and schoolwork at Georgia Tech when he was there

You don't have to be a high energy, in your face sideline coach, to be a successful football coach.

It's the results that matter.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Once again, personality traits in your coaches don't matter, as long as they aren't criminal and breaking rules that are goign to penalize the program. Bobby Dodd, is a college hall of fame football coach, that has winning records against some of the all time most well known rah-rah, and screamer coaches in college football, and the only time Dodd ever raised his voice, was when he found out a student was screwing around with his classes and schoolwork at Georgia Tech when he was there

You don't have to be a high energy, in your face sideline coach, to be a successful football coach.

It's the results that matter.

Meh, I cannot think of many "non-energetic" coaches amongst the top coaches in the NCAA right now. Mack Brown is the closest guy I can think of, and he is all but done. Even Spurrier shows tons of emotion. His players feed off it. I am not looking for a guy that gets in player's faces, just a guy that gets them super excited to be out there (at practice and in the game).

What's funny is that I keep pimping Cutcliffe on this site, and he's one of the calmest guys out there.

Reaction Score
Meh, I cannot think of many "non-energetic" coaches amongst the top coaches in the NCAA right now. Mack Brown is the closest guy I can think of, and he is all but done. Even Spurrier shows tons of emotion. His players feed off it. I am not looking for a guy that gets in player's faces, just a guy that gets them super excited to be out there (at practice and in the game).

What's funny is that I keep pimping Cutcliffe on this site, and he's one of the calmest guys out there.

There are many, many different ways to motivate both individuals and groups of people.

Reaction Score
Age is always a factor. Hire a Tenn/USC age coach and you get some mistakes of inexperience, expect some growth in people management, learning how to direct high energy to the right issues. Hire a guy over 60 who has been a HC expect good hires as assistants as has lot of contacts and knows how people have performed, can manage a game like a maestro, his knowledge brings economy of action as doesn't find many situations where he doesn't have experience to fall back on.
Problem is we got none of the "over 60" guy good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom