Is PP's age a factor? | The Boneyard

Is PP's age a factor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
I lean towards yes but then watch a guy like Bill Snyder continue to adapt to today's style of play and do nothing but win football games. That man can not only coach, he motivates too.

Reaction Score
Saban is 60. It's not age, it's a lack of talent and brains on HCPP side that are the problem.

Reaction Score
PP needs PeP pills! That or some PCP. Let's get a hold of his morning coffee and motivate the coach.

Reaction Score
It's not the age. Bobby Bowden or Lou Holtz would have this program in the Top 25 in 2 hers. How about Howard Schnellenburger?

Reaction Score
This answer isunequivocally yes, almost entrepreneurial in the way innovation has taken over on O in the last decade by a younger generation. The caveat is if you brand assumes to get top3 recruiting class or has a heisman QB fall in their lap (KSU).

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Last time I looked WVU has a Heisman candidate QB too. Bill Snyder's KState team is taking the Mountaineers home down country road right now.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
His age is absolutely a problem. He has been friends with GDL for far too long a this is a direct result of their respective ages. If he only knew GDL for a year or two he never would have brought him in to get him fired a second time.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
His age, in and of itself is not a problem. His lack of energy and lack of desire to bring the game forward is the problem.

Reaction Score
Last time I looked WVU has a Heisman candidate QB too. Bill Snyder's KState team is taking the Mountaineers home down country road right now.
I should also caveat if your heisman QB is trumped by a HS D that negates it. The game has passed PP by, simple as that.

Reaction Score
Why are we wasting time asking the why of our CEO not getting it done while he's still our CEO. It's the exact wrong question. The only question is what we're going to do about him being the wrong guy.

Reaction Score
There are old people at 63 and then there are "old People" at the Same age. He married late and has a very young family which he should start enjoying. I believe that his old school football mentality is getting in the way, his loyalty to GDL is beyond comprehension. Like a Cuse fan said after the hire was made "he will be ok as long as he doesn't bring his buddy GDL with him". Well he did and now Uconn is paying for it. Come on Warde Make it right, one or both have to go before the train goes down the embankment.

Reaction Score
Age is an issue, not necessarily a problem. Highly motivated, highly successful people are able to stretch their careers into their 70's and late 60's for that very reason. The very good to mediocre types get weeded out before then. PP and GDL got weeded out 8 years ago. We brought them back.

Reaction Score
It's not an age thing, but the career timeline thing is not in his favor. Also, his philosophy hasn't changed since Syracuse relieved him. He keeps forcing the same losing strategy. The very definition of insanity.

Reaction Score
It's not his age. There're too many current successful coaches older or within a year or so of his age. His commitment to DeLeone is his primary problem.

Reaction Score
His age, in and of itself is not a problem. His lack of energy and lack of desire to bring the game forward is the problem.

Lack of energy isn't the issue. I'm all about killing him on decision making and results but no need to insult his effort or integrity.

Reaction Score
I lean towards yes but then watch a guy like Bill Snyder continue to adapt to today's style of play and do nothing but win football games. That man can not only coach, he motivates too.
Intersting thing about Snyder...he retired and turned over KSU program to basically a hand picked Asst. The program went into the dumper...and Snyder came back out of retirement...KSU took a TON of heat for rehiring a "has been"... and Snyder has actually made KSU a college football version of the Million Dollar Man "better than before"

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Lack of energy isn't the issue. I'm all about killing him on decision making and results but no need to insult his effort or integrity.
Where did I insult his integrity or effort? I have no doubt that he puts in work, but if you see an energetic coach in CPP, then we just have to agree to disagree.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he pretty much sucked at Cuse ten years ago, so I say no, it's not age

Donovan McNabb made him, and then reality set in

it's like Paul Evans at Pitt, 1st a fluke with David Robinson makes him look great at navy, then he has one class at Pitt, then kaput

never did anything of substance as HC again

Reaction Score
Where did I insult his integrity or effort? I have no doubt that he puts in work, but if you see an energetic coach in CPP, then we just have to agree to disagree.

So what you are saying is you want him to jump up and down and scream on the sidelines?

Reaction Score
Lack of energy and lack of desire are not generally complimentary terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom