is it wrong to enjoy watching | The Boneyard

is it wrong to enjoy watching

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
some other school being put through the wringer?

at the end of the day, I don't want to see Joe Pa go out like this

Reaction Score
I don't see anything even remotely enjoyable about any of this.

willie99

Reaction Score
well, we're not getting any bad press today, FWIW

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
well, we're not getting any bad press today, FWIW

How has ANYTHING UConn has ever been through been even remotely bad compared to this? Some on this board have really skewed views of how bad UConn has it. UConn basically has very minimal bad press in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it seems different living in CT, but having been in California, New Yor, and Florida for the last 10 years, I can assure you that UConn is barely a blip on the radar. And no, I am not enjoying this story. It is bad for humanity.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
willie must be really bored. A terrible choice for a topic.p

Reaction Score
How has ANYTHING UConn has ever been through been even remotely bad compared to this? Some on this board have really skewed views of how bad UConn has it. UConn basically has very minimal bad press in the grand scheme of things. Maybe it seems different living in CT, but having been in California, New Yor, and Florida for the last 10 years, I can assure you that UConn is barely a blip on the radar. And no, I am not enjoying this story. It is bad for humanity.

Uh, no. UConn definately got put through the ringer nationally for what turned out to be text messages. I am in Florida and it was very noticeable.

PSU is on a level beyond any scandal I know of due to its horrible crime and consequences.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Uh, no. UConn definately got put through the ringer nationally for what turned out to be text messages. I am in Florida and it was very noticeable.

PSU is on a level beyond any scandal I know of due to its horrible crime and consequences.

If you say so. It didn't lead the news, it wasn't a headline on the Sports front page. It was talked about, but it wasn't worse than what most other schools go through at some point. It wasn't as bad as what Ohio St., Miami, USC went through by any means in terms of the attention it got.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score

It's not wrong when it's a situation like Miami or Ohio State. This is a different story

Reaction Score
There are two horrible crimes here (rape and cover-up) and they can be separated. There is no doubt that watching formerly pristine Penn State being brought to justice is fascinating and it has become the #1 topic of discussion in the sports world and this board. Paterno's press conference whenever he has one will be very interesting. This is turning into Watergate with Joe Pa assuming the role of Nixon.

Reaction Score
This is pretty much like asking, is it wrong to see kids have been abused for this to happen? Some posters here seem to have serious psychological issues.

willie99

Reaction Score
OMG, do you really think I'm talking about and / or thinking about the underlying crimes? seriously?

need to lighten up sometimes people, way too serious

Reaction Score
How could you NOT be thinking of the criminal activity that gets a school to go through the wringer as we are seeing and have you all ecstatic?

I don't see anything even remotely enjoyable about any of this.

And your response to this is just, well, at least we're not getting bad press today. Ok. You one of those people who find joy in watching others suffer? Because there sure are a lot of people who find pleasure in other people suffering.

willie99

Reaction Score
ouch, you got me good

the force is strong in you I see, you have mastered that reading between the lines stuff

either that, or you simply lack comprehension

ciao

Reaction Score

Are you serious? Wrong doesn't begin to cover it. We're talking about children being raped and you are asking whether it's good to see some other school put through a wringer?

willie99

Reaction Score
largely tongue in cheek boys (not trying to offend anyone with that expression BTW)

did you miss the part where I said "I don't want to see Joe Pa go out like this"

does that expression mitigate any of the outlandish conclusions reached about my OP? seriously?

Reaction Score
the underlying premise is strange. do I feel better that uconn is out of the press if any other school commits heinous offenses? no. whether that be recuiting things like OSU, Miami or UNC, or something like PSU it just makes me sick that schools and college sports in general have so much pressure to cover up and tolerate slime to begin with and that nobody in any position to make change has any guts put an end to it all.

JaYnYcE

Soul Brother
Reaction Score
Is this thread for real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
largely tongue in cheek boys (not trying to offend anyone with that expression BTW)

did you miss the part where I said "I don't want to see Joe Pa go out like this"

does that expression mitigate any of the outlandish conclusions reached about my OP? seriously?
JoePa is guilty of all this, too. What the heck are you sniffing?

Reaction Score
There are currently Penn State students outside of Joe Pa's house having a support rally. Basically cheering for Joe Pa, a guy who may have been guilty of covering up rape of children. Now THAT is wrong.

willie99

Reaction Score
JoePa is guilty of all this, too. What the heck are you sniffing?

actually, with those words I'm showing the empathy for a man that you say I'm lacking, and you're not with this response

now that's a twist, eh?

Reaction Score
Should we be relieved that this isn't happening at UConn (as far as we know)? Yes. But the fact that it's happening anywhere at all is beyond tragic.

willie99

Reaction Score
OK, let me make something perfectly clear. I'm not literally enjoying what's happening to PSU, that was tongue in cheek.

I do feel bad for Joe Pa. I'm inclined to believe he thinks he did the right thing by telling his superiors. Allowing his former asst to hang around his team was bad judgement. But his reputation may be tarnished for eternity, and I don't think that's fair at this point in time.

I don't know the victims, I don't condone what happened to them, but I don't even think about them to be honest. For anyone I offended, I'm sorry. I really didn't think this would be such a touchy subject on this board.

PS: I do think many have to lighten up too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog