Is it the shoes or the coaching? | The Boneyard

Is it the shoes or the coaching?

Reaction Score
1626495351723.png
Good news/bad news
Good news: One of em' is coming.
Bad news: The other one ain't. You'll see the coach suddenly be a much more learned coach when the one coming finally arrives.

Reaction Score
View attachment 68602 Good news/bad news
Good news: One of em' is coming.
Bad news: The other one ain't. You'll see the coach suddenly be a much more learned coach when the one coming finally arrives.
I agree that it will appear that way when D returns and kicks ass. I've never been sold on Dawn though but at this point she is our national coach and hope that she or someone on the staff figures it all out. If she loses it will mark her career and she surely knows it. You just can't put a banner up on this one and claim victory.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Just trying to make the men's team feel better. :rolleyes:

I think the men’s team lost the first game but won their second… So maybe it’s working.

Reaction Score
So far DT has kept her powder dry.
Many Boneyarders are saying that when she arrives, she will make a silk purse out of this team.
I will be very happy if they are right. Keeping my fingers crossed.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I think the men’s team lost the first game but won their second… So maybe it’s working.
Actually they also lost the second game. Australia beat them 91 - 83.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually they also lost the second game. Australia beat them 91 - 83.
So it is disheartening them. Dawn should just go ahead and let her team win then.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Despite the fact that I am no fan of Dawn, I am a fan of America. So I would really like to see this team dominate. I hear the lack of time to gel argument, but the WNBA all stars had no time to gel. In addition to game plan and coaching insights, there seems to be a lack of drive – no eye of the tiger. That really worries me the most. There is a heck of a lot of talent on the floor, but it takes more than having the most talented team to win. Let's hope something lights a fire.
Go Team USA!

Reaction Score
Dawn is an average Coach at best!
She must be better than average to get her team to where it is nationally, but I have questioned some of her decisions in games.

For example, vs. UConn this past year, SC was up 54-50 with 2:09 to go and had all the momentum, coming off a tremendous play and turnover by UConn. She calls a time out to draw up a play which kills that momentum. Geno calms everyone down, draws up a few diagrams on Chassion's board, Paige wakes up, and levels it at 54-54. Yes, SC should have won it at the buzzer, but wasn't meant to be. I was sure at the time that if not for that time out, SC would have won that game without all the buzzer excitement. Dawn was too clever by far in that moment, and it cost them.

Reaction Score
Geno's first year as the USA Olympic coach was mentioning to his staff that before the first practice he said the Olympic Coach prayer, "Please God don't let me F this up!"
With all that talent you don't need to reinvent the wheel just give them some plays, get them in shape and some discipline and get out of their way!
Dawn wouldn't have that Championship if UCONN didn't get upset by Miss State in the semi's!
There was no way SoCar was going to beat UCONN if UCONN got to the Finals!

Reaction Score
ND fans say it's all Geno's fault because of the players he put on the team. Geno never had trouble bringing home golds.

Reaction Score
ND fans say it's all Geno's fault because of the players he put on the team. Geno never had trouble bringing home golds.
As do Tennessee fans. Haven’t heard a word from UCLA fans, Ohio St fans or any other fans blaming Geno. Hmmm?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
As do Tennessee fans. Haven’t heard a word from UCLA fans, Ohio St fans or any other fans blaming Geno. Hmmm?
Tennessee fans will blame anything regarding WBB on Geno and UConn. From winning too much, to the olympic team make-up, to leaving Parker and Neka off the teams, to screwing around with Pat. They think that Geno picks the teams, Geno blackballs players, Geno does this, Geno does that. Some of these people are really pathetic in their views. Its nice to be a part of a Board that is civil, no matter which team you really root for. This Board welcomes non UConn fans opinions and that is the best part of it. Thank you Moderators for giving us a true WBB forum.

Reaction Score
Despite the fact that I am no fan of Dawn, I am a fan of America. So I would really like to see this team dominate. I hear the lack of time to gel argument, but the WNBA all stars had no time to gel. In addition to game plan and coaching insights, there seems to be a lack of drive – no eye of the tiger. That really worries me the most. There is a heck of a lot of talent on the floor, but it takes more than having the most talented team to win. Let's hope something lights a fire.
Go Team USA!
I am hopeful that D will be that "fire glue". I think you have a composition problem though highlighted by the lack of a true point after Sue and no real dominant 3s on the team. D will not let these players underperform but skills are skills. It may be very rocky. Our best bet is for the ball to be shot the most by D, Stewie, Wilson and Charles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom