Is It Fair? | The Boneyard

Is It Fair?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCLA has once again offered another celebrity spawn. They have extended Cordell Brodus, son of Snoop Dog or Snoop Lion--whatever alias he's going by these days. Is it fair that these kids are receiving full scholarships to play football when clearly their parents can afford to pay.

Okay...okay--there will be people who will say what does the parents' worth have to do with their kids' talent. If the kid is talented, why not? That may be true, but in Diddy's son's case, he's okay, but did his talent warrant a full scholarship to UCLA? I can name a few kids from the tri-state area that were way better than Justin Combs. I don't know much about Cordell yet? Does UCLA want to attract players with celebrity spawns? Should celebrity kids accept an offer, but turn down the scholarship? Your thoughts?

Reaction Score
UCLA has once again offered another celebrity spawn. They have extended Cordell Brodus, son of Snoop Dog or Snoop Lion--whatever alias he's going by these days. Is it fair that these kids are receiving full scholarships to play football when clearly their parents can afford to pay.

Okay...okay--there will be people who will say what does the parents' worth have to do with their kids' talent. If the kid is talented, why not? That may be true, but in Diddy's son's case, he's okay, but did his talent warrant a full scholarship to UCLA? I can name a few kids from the tri-state area that were way better than Justin Combs. I don't know much about Cordell yet? Does UCLA want to attract players with celebrity spawns? Should celebrity kids accept an offer, but turn down the scholarship? Your thoughts?

As scholarship is more than just about the money... There are certain "privileges" that pertain only to scholarship players as opposed to walk-ons.

I'm also sure the Development office is thrilled in circumstances like this.

Reaction Score
Agree that scholarship players have more privileges than the walk-ons. This was a conversation I was having with a friend. Thanks for your opinions!

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would guess that if you give a celebrity's son or daughter a full scholarship you can probably expect a good amount donations from them in the future. At least enough to cover their scholarship.

pj

Reaction Score
UCLA has money troubles, probably willing to sacrifice football for cash.

Reaction Score
Let's also think about this. I would guess these parents are more than happy to donate to their kid's school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom