Is It Better That This Season Ends Early? | The Boneyard

Is It Better That This Season Ends Early?

Reaction Score
As much as it would be awesome to catch fire and win the AAC tourney and make the tournament, is it potentially better that the season ends early so the coaching staff can dedicate all their time to recruiting? I’ve also had the mindset that this season is irrelevant from a wins and losses perspective and recruiting is all that matters. Just wondering if others feel there’s a benefit to us being able to get out there and recruit heavily while other teams are tied up preparing for games.

Reaction Score
As much as it would be awesome to catch fire and win the AAC tourney and make the tournament, is it potentially better that the season ends early so the coaching staff can dedicate all their time to recruiting? I’ve also had the mindset that this season is irrelevant from a wins and losses perspective and recruiting is all that matters. Just wondering if others feel there’s a benefit to us being able to get out there and recruit heavily while other teams are tied up preparing for games.
You always want to play as many games ss possible. The game experience esp in a tournament atmosphere is invaluable for players like carlton, wilson, polley, badams and AG if he can.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
100% no.

Reaction Score

Absolutely not.

Reaction Score
Most definitely not. We give 110% to the win the AAC tourney and live with it if we don’t. Losing is never a good thing (although I admit I wouldn’t have been upset with a loss yesterday to get the 10 seed).

Reaction Score

Are you somehow suggesting that you don't mind that we lose because it's good for recruiting?

Listen, anytime Uconn has a chance to do something positive, you root for them to go for it all.

Reaction Score
if we win our opening round game/put up a fight against Houston...on the NIT bubble?

C

Chief00

Short answer - No.
Win as many games as you can.

Reaction Score
With this team, it is better to play as many games as possible. Guys like Carlton, Polley, Sid, and B. Adams are young and need as many reps as they can get. These guys all need to improve and play like veterans for us to be a good team next year.

For some teams, it is better to decline an NIT invite, for example,. if guys are banged up, not going to return, or if the generally mood of the team is bad. This team seems generally positive.

Reaction Score
With this team, it is better to play as many games as possible. Guys like Carlton, Polley, Sid, and B. Adams are young and need as many reps as they can get. These guys all need to improve and play like veterans for us to be a good team next year.

For some teams, it is better to decline an NIT invite, for example,. if guys are banged up, not going to return, or if the generally mood of the team is bad. This team seems generally positive.
It's good to keep playing and it's what the players want but let's be realistic about where we're going. hate to be negative but we don't have the kind of team to make miracles even with the emergence of Carlton and Jalen back IMO. The biggest news for us will be the last 2 players that Hurley adds (hopefully).

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Kudos for uniting The Boneyard this morning!

Reaction Score

Hurley & Co. seem to have done just fine recruiting so far multitasking it with normal season activities. Play on!

Reaction Score
Winning the AAC tourney and making a run in the NC2A would hace a larger recruiting benefit than losing fast.

DUH.

Reaction Score

No.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom