Is Fox calling games from the studio? | The Boneyard

Is Fox calling games from the studio?

Reaction Score
Weren't Casey Jacobsen and Steve Lavin in the studio today during and after UConn's game? Jacobsen just called the DePaul-Seton Hall game in New Jersey and Lavin is now calling the Washington-UCLA game in Los Angeles. I highly doubt both of them were/are at those games.

I really hate when they call games from the studio. So much is missed not being there.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Weren't Casey Jacobsen and Steve Lavin in the studio today during and after UConn's game? Jacobsen just called the DePaul-Seton Hall game in New Jersey and Lavin is now calling the Washington-UCLA game in Los Angeles. I highly doubt both of them were/are at those games.

I really hate when they call games from the studio. So much is missed not being there.
They did that for one or more of our games

Reaction Score
Did they show the announcers at all on TV today? If not then that's a definitive sign that they were not physically at the game.

Reactions: DCT

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Did they show the announcers at all on TV today? If not then that's a definitive sign that they were not physically at the game.
I believe they were at the game. When Cole injured his back the camera wasn’t on him and they noted that he was down.

Reaction Score
I believe they were at the game. When Cole injured his back the camera wasn’t on him and they noted that he was down.
Donny and Tim Brando were definitely at Gampel today.

I don't believe they showed Jacobsen at the Seton Hall game but I wasn't really paying attention. They definitely haven't shown Lavin at the UCLA game so he must be calling the game remotely.

Reaction Score
Lavin now calling the Rutgers-Purdue game in West Lafayette and haven't shown him at all. Yeah, Fox is definitely announcing all these games remotely. I get it's a cost cutting measure, but it sucks.

Reaction Score
it really detracts from the experience as they lower the background crowd noise for the announcers to speak over. it sounds muffled.

Reaction Score
I noticed I think two games ago a very clear reliance on the replay for any kind of commentary from the PBP or color guy; made me wonder if they were doing it remote

Reaction Score
I noticed I think two games ago a very clear reliance on the replay for any kind of commentary from the PBP or color guy; made me wonder if they were doing it remote
I think you're talking about the game @XU and yeah, I noticed the same thing. Pretty sure they called that one remote.

Donny and Tim Brando were 100% at Gampel, however.

Reaction Score
Donny and Tim Brando were definitely at Gampel today.

I don't believe they showed Jacobsen at the Seton Hall game but I wasn't really paying attention. They definitely haven't shown Lavin at the UCLA game so he must be calling the game remotely.
Jacobsen was in studio.

Lavin was at UCLA.

Reaction Score
Sadly this is the future. When I toured ESPN a few years back one of the workers said ESPN invested a lot into technology that allowed them to do that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom