Is BG still playing for Baylor? | The Boneyard

Is BG still playing for Baylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
In yesterday's game against Baylor, San Jose State shot a hot 13-27 for 48% from 3-pt land but were a measly 10-47 or 21% from inside the arc. The Bears must have had some 11' center in the paint to produce those types of numbers. Of course SJSU must now be wondering why they didn't just shoot 3s.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I dunno, DR2: either, old habits die hard, or San Jose State was lookin' at last years' game films!

Reaction Score
A residual " time echo" image of Griner was still roaming the paint.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The ghost of BG. If it's working for Baylor now with teams they didn't play very much, you can just imagine what will happen when they start going up against B12 teams that got whacked by her 8-10 times and have that time echo image even more deeply ingrained in memory. And whenever an opponent's short jumper inexplicably goes astray, the Bears' players are going to be crediting it to the unseen hand of Griner's Galloping Ghost.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
The ghost of BG. If it's working for Baylor now with teams they didn't play very much, you can just imagine what will happen when they start going up against B12 teams that got whacked by her 8-10 times and have that time echo image even more deeply ingrained in memory. And whenever an opponent's short jumper inexplicably goes astray, the Bears' players are going to be crediting it to the unseen hand of Griner's Galloping Ghost.

So, that would be BG3?:cool:

Reaction Score
Friday night, at Cowboys stadium, Baylor vs Kentucky. Time to find out if Baylor is for real. My guess is Mitchell's Cats run them off the court.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Friday night, at Cowboys stadium, Baylor vs Kentucky. Time to find out if Baylor is for real. My guess is Mitchell's Cats run them off the court.

Ouch! I suspect that UK will win comfortably, as well. Can a Sims-lead team be run off he court by anyone other than UCONN? I guess we will find out soon.

The game has been picked up by ESPN3 so tune in and find out!

Reaction Score
Not a knock on Baylor, ETT, as much as praise for what I think is a legit final four candidate Kentucky team.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
If UK ends up a two seed in UCONN's region, they are no longer a legit FF candidate. At least one of the 2 seeds is immediately eliminted from FF contetion a soon as the bracket is announced.

Last edited:

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Do you really think Kentucky will prevail over Tennessee in the SEC? I would say that the SEC winner is a legitimate NCAA #1 seed, and the runner-up (between those two) is a #2 seed. I think the 4 #1 seeds will be UConn, ND, Duke, and the SEC winner (in that order). That implies that UConn should play the SEC winner in the National Semifinals in Nashville.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not a knock on Baylor, ETT, as much as praise for what I think is a legit final four candidate Kentucky team.

Obviously, you had not done your homework, which I had already assumed. You will now have to regain credibility.

I've been impressed with Baylor all season but I knew that trying to sell anyone on the idea that Baylor had legit FF potential would have been pointless until they actually had a chance to prove it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#