Ireland’s 6'5" Gandy Malou-Mamel, class of 2025, commits | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Ireland’s 6'5" Gandy Malou-Mamel, class of 2025, commits

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I’m very excited about this. A big girl who plays tough? Heck yeah. Especially since she’ll be coming in with something to prove. Only upsides here. I think she’ll prove to be a real diamond in the rough.
And she has two more years of high school to learn and refine her skills

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Closer to home, Gandy’s journey is similar to Adama Sanogo’s

I'll take another Adama! I'm not saying Gandy will be Hakeem, who was possibly the most talented center ever, but the point is that some players are late bloomers and develop way beyond early expectations.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The Quinns sound like awesome people

But Kerwin [Quinn] believed in this young lady. He told me she needed a chance much like he needed as a kid. He talked of her size, length, quickness, talent and most importantly her character. He thought she could one day be one of the best players not only in NEW JERSEY but the country. He said she was raw but hungry and had a great work ethic.

When Gandy showed up at NBS that day, 3 things were true. She was raw, talented and a sponge. What I didn’t know was that Grady MANU MAMEL was going to take full advantage of all the things that America and the QUINN family could offer a kid. She trained with trainers daily to work on her foot work, she played one on one with Kerwin Jr and Sidney every night. She lifted weights everyday. Kerwin Sr, emerged her into the game. He exposed her to real coaching and he demanded her attention and that’s exactly what Gandy gladly gave him. She embraced anything that gave her a chance to improve her life

Reaction Score
The Quinns sound like awesome people

But Kerwin [Quinn] believed in this young lady. He told me she needed a chance much like he needed as a kid. He talked of her size, length, quickness, talent and most importantly her character. He thought she could one day be one of the best players not only in NEW JERSEY but the country. He said she was raw but hungry and had a great work ethic.

When Gandy showed up at NBS that day, 3 things were true. She was raw, talented and a sponge. What I didn’t know was that Grady MANU MAMEL was going to take full advantage of all the things that America and the QUINN family could offer a kid. She trained with trainers daily to work on her foot work, she played one on one with Kerwin Jr and Sidney every night. She lifted weights everyday. Kerwin Sr, emerged her into the game. He exposed her to real coaching and he demanded her attention and that’s exactly what Gandy gladly gave him. She embraced anything that gave her a chance to improve her life.

My daughter trained at NBS with Tiny for several summers........... a former DI head coach, he certainly is one of the premier women's basketball trainers on the East Coast and a shrewd judge of basketball talent having trained many successful college players........while there are no guarantees, if he says she could be something special I believe it.........I hope she will team with the "Big O" at UConn in the future...........:)

Reaction Score
Looks like we need another spreadsheet with a new name on it... I would love if the future year roster table could get bookmarked up at the top of the board.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Welcome! Fascinating prospect!

One year overlap with: Ines Bettencourt, Ayanna Patterson
Two year overlap with: Ice Brady, KK Arnold, Ashlynn Shade, Qadence Samuel, Jana Elalfy
Three year overlap with Morgan Chelli, Allie Ziebell
Same class as Keli Fisher.

Hope Gandy gets to Storrs to see a game or two this coming season....get to know a few of her future teammates.
Plus we play some away games in her area...hope she is in the front row.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Worth noting that in the Hoopgurlz top 60 for 2025, plenty of talent but not a lot of size. Betts (who I assume we have no shot at) and McGaughy at 6'3" and the 44th ranked player at 6'5". No one else over 6'2".

We also haven't hit on a big yet in 2024 with Strong and Carlton in the mix, Koval a long shot.

So it seems like a development risk worth taking.

The big prize is Vukosa class of 2026, 6'4".

Reaction Score
Great news. This year she is 6' 5". In 2 years it's almost a given she will be 6' 7" or even 6' 8". Can only hope. Now to the point, in a previous post I talked about a Uconn dynasty with the players we now have and the new recruits coming in the future. This commitment is more reason on Uconn winning 2,3, or 4 NC's in a row. No naysayers. IT'S POSSIBLE! GO HUSKIES!!!!

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
We still need BIGS. Oh wait...

Welcome to UConn, Gandy Malou-Mamel!!
I'm really excited about this get. I dream of the day Gandy and the Big O patrolling the post and intimidating everyone for Coach Geno. Hope it happens.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom