Iowa State v. North Carolina | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa State v. North Carolina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The biggest bonus of ISU winning is that it could mean zero ACC teams in the sweet sixteen.

The hype leading up to the game would be way less annoying if ISU won if you wanna look at it that way.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Kane is like Kilpatrick but maybe better. I usually prefer a team that doesn't have the best player on the floor (or at least one close to as good as Napier).
And Ejim was the Big 12 POTY

Reaction Score
Iowa State looks a lot better right now. UNC looks like the kind of team that would struggle with Providence.

Tongue-in-cheek aside, while watching the UNC-PC game I kept thinking in regards to Carolina "remind me again who's supposed to be good on this team". Outside of Paige it doesn't look like anybody can shoot a lick. If we face the Heels and can keep them off of the offensive boards I like our chances.

Reaction Score
isu is one of those teams that looks like all the players are 25 yrs old and are weightlifters = we don't fare well against those types
They remind me of George Mason in 2006.

Reaction Score
I'm still thrilled were in the sweet 16 I don't care who we face bring them on I don't care if we have to face the Miami Heat

Reaction Score
would definitely prefer to face UNC... Iowa State runs great stuff and has two really, really good players who can take over a game. Plus they're all 24 years old (or so it seems). Would much rather face all the raw athletes that UNC has.

Reaction Score
I wonder when Hoiberg jumps to league, maybe not, but he could at some point for a $5-6m payday.

Another thing I almost forgot: Hoiberg is a much better game-coach than Roy.

Reaction Score
I wonder when Hoiberg jumps to league, maybe not, but he could at some point for a $5-6m payday.

Don't think Hoiberg would ever leave. Consider the KO lovefest (both ways) and multiply that by 10 for Hoiberg. Dude grew up in town, was one of their all time leading scorers, and has come back to make them a force. His nickname is the "Mayor" for .

Reaction Score
ISU has athletic bigs (like UL).
UNC has space eating bigs (like UCF).

I doubt if they have a Russ Smith caliber guards.
I'm confident about our guard play.

I think I will go with ISU. Either team will give UCONN a tough matchup. Don't want to deal with the Carolina blue mistyque. I think the expected crowd for the Huskies will give the boys an added boost.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Kane is a tough tough matchup for us. Would rather see UNC but both teams look tough.

Reaction Score
ISU shoots a lot of threes and gets a lot of open looks, but get them into a half court and they are a two man team now. It is imperative to control tempo and the ball

Reaction Score
KO is such a better coach than williams that its laughable. Honestly KO's in game coaching is as good as it gets. Such variety on offense, then we also lock up. Can we control the glass?

Reaction Score
also paige isn't even a pg. he is a 6'2 offguard who comes off screens jacking threes or goes left. yogi ferrel is better than him imo, not seeing any pro potential

Reaction Score
Did any catch the dude wearing a UCONN shirt behind the ISU bench? I hope Ollie has him scouting both teams.

Reaction Score
Iowa State looks gassed. Tons of sloppy TO's and shots. In trouble.

Reaction Score
The problem with UNC is that they have about 7-8 guys that are high level players. Paige and McAdoo are their only really good players, but they have a lot more weapons than Iowa State.

Reaction Score
Iowa State seems more athletic and physical, and they can also stroke it from deep. The 6'4 Kane will have a field day either shooting over or driving through the 5'10 Boat.

Give me UNC. I think we can frustrate them and contain their inside scoring. Aside from Paige, they can't score from the perimeter. If we pack the D and rebound, we can take them.

In short, Iowa State has a ton more toughness, and I feel more comfortable going away from that challenge.

Reaction Score
KO is such a better coach than williams that its laughable. Honestly KO's in game coaching is as good as it gets. Such variety on offense, then we also lock up. Can we control the glass?

I love KO, I really do... But you think our offense has variety? We basically run high ball screens for 40 minutes and rely on Bazz and Boat to make something happen.

caw

Reaction Score
UNC has one guy who can shoot outside 15 feet but the dominate the boards. McAdoo has really long arms. I like our offense against UNC. They would have trouble with Daniels on the pop. Would need to make threes. Brimah would need a big game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom