Iowa-Indiana Incredible Finish! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Iowa-Indiana Incredible Finish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great game, fabulous shot. But two big Indiana coaching mistakes in the last 1.5 seconds.

First, as someone else point out, Indiana should have tried to miss the free throw--a three was much more plausible for Iowa than a two, so the extra point didn't matter nearly as much as the extra half second (at least) for a rebound.

Second--why in the world wasn't Indiana prepared to switch instantly on a screen for Clark? Or maybe have two players ready to pick up after a screen? Who did they think was going to shoot it? And then they could have had a third player ready to pick up Czinano in case she rolled.
Totally agree. Everyone in the arena knew she would get the ball and she had an open look. Caitlin is an incredible player, but will she get away with stiff arming her defender almost every play at the next level?

Reaction Score
Aalihay Boston played less minutes, far, because SC didn't need her to play the max
Let's see what happens in March

Reaction Score
Did not see the game but looking at the scoring timeline why didn't Indiana try to miss the FT with 1 sec left?
Yup... I wondered, too. Would have made it VERY difficult for an Iowa game winner...

Reaction Score
I hope Iowa enjoys this year. I just checked their roster and they have Clark and four seniors in their starting line up. Next year will be Clark…and only Clark.

Reaction Score
I think Catlin Clark is a great talent but she gets the benefits of a lot of touch fouls, and seemed to complain whenever she didn't get the calls they wanted.

Re Caitlin, she gets the calls that all top players get, and pretty much every one of the top players complains when she doesn't get a call, right?
I don't think you should let Caitlin off the hook quite so quickly for all the whining about touch fouls on drives, @The deacon. You gotta speak the truth that everyone sees before their eyes in almost every game. That said, she's been a little better about it this year, and she's had a lot of Paige-like heroics, which won Paige the award two years ago. Should probably have a similar impact for Caitlin. Though Paige did carry her team to the FF that year (and to the NC the next).

I find myself constantly torn about this. Caitlin is an obvious favorite for the award. She's having an awesome year. But she just doesn't quite have the same magic Paige showed that freshman year. I guess it's unfair to hold anyone but Paige to that standard.

Reaction Score
Aalihay Boston played less minutes, far, because SC didn't need her to play the max
Let's see what happens in March
Whatever happens in March shouldn’t change the fact that CC deserves to be PoY! She has shown herself to be the best player this season and it’s not close! I’m a Paige man myself but credit where credit is due! It’s not at all a stretch to say she could easily be the two time defending PoY and heading for three in a row! I’m not saying she should have won the previous two awards but I think it’s fair to say she could have without too much blowback. Regardless, this year it should be hers in a landslide!

Reaction Score
One of the best games of the year. Always enjoy watching the Cait’ll Clark show.

Reaction Score
I also have to ask why Indiana didn't intentionally blow the second free throw shot? Kinda think they should have. When does the clock start...when the ball hits the rim?

Reaction Score
I hope Iowa enjoys this year. I just checked their roster and they have Clark and four seniors in their starting line up. Next year will be Clark…and only Clark.
Kate Martin and Gabbie Marshall and Molly Davis are coming back next year. Warnock is the only Senior not returning.

Reaction Score
Do they have anyone to replace Czinano? That and the loss of Warnock will be significant for them. Maybe Hannah Stuelke? Otherwise, they're likely to look very small in the front court.

Reaction Score
So far the recruiting picture does not look promising. Perhaps O'Grady can grow her game a lot if she's going to be the starting C.

Screenshot 2023-02-26 at 4.40.04 PM.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Do they have anyone to replace Czinano? That and the loss of Warnock will be significant for them. Maybe Hannah Stuelke? Otherwise, they're likely to look very small in the front court.
Before Czinzano exploded, the question was how were they going to replace Gustafson? Maybe we'll be surprised again.

Reaction Score
Charlie Cream was just on the SEC Network and said with today’s win he moves Iowa to a two seed and drops UConn to a three seed.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
All of you amateur refs take a closer look at how many steps Clark took before she shot the ball. The shot was fantastic and clutch but, Clark took three steps before she shot the ball.

Reaction Score
All of you amateur refs take a closer look at how many steps Clark took before she shot the ball. The shot was fantastic and clutch but, Clark took three steps before she shot the ball.
While you're at it, Donald, check out how many steps many players take before they release a three-pointer. A high percentage of shots are taken after a step and then a two-step hop... that's three steps, but those are never called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom