Ionescu may still be interested in UConn.... | The Boneyard

Ionescu may still be interested in UConn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
well can't complain about that. She's a terrific talent and I love her game - saw her play a bunch with the Team USA group she played with. Reminds me of Kelly Faris but with way more offense...

Reaction Score
I know. Just excited to see the commits that could be choosing UConn in the near future.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
She could be very special at UConn.

Reaction Score
Hoping that UConn has a few recruits coming to campus in the next few weeks. Last year a few weeks after the championship Samuelson, Collier, Boykin, & Gorecki all came for a visit. That turned out very well for us! Hope something similiar happens this year!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hoping that UConn has a few recruits coming to campus in the next few weeks. Last year a few weeks after the championship Samuelson, Collier, Boykin, & Gorecki all came for a visit. That turned out very well for us! Hope something similiar happens this year!!!!
Plus it's coming up on a great time of year - spring in the air - not too hot nor too cold... and the campus probably looks gorgeous...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Didn't someone post a while back that UConn was no longer interested in Ionescu?

Reaction Score
I thought someone had posted that Ionescu wasn't interested in UConn, that is why I was pleasantly surprised in the list of schools from the article.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
She is no longer on Nan's list of suspects.

Reaction Score
I think she was removed after there were rumors that she was not longer interested in UConn a few months back. This new article disproves that....I am hoping the article rings true!

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu needs to be on UConn's radar. Size, talent and a willingness to pass. Sounds like a UConn player to me.

Reaction Score
From that highlight I just seen, I want her in a UConn jersey
Her Dangerfield Irwin and Cox makes a very good class

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Her Dangerfield Irwin and Cox makes a very good class

UConn supposedly only wanted one more from the class which is one reason I'm a bit suspicious of any involvement with Ionescu.

Reaction Score
UConn supposedly only wanted one more from the class which is one reason I'm a bit suspicious of any involvement with Ionescu.
At one time, Geno said he wanted two guards and a post in the 2016 recruiting class. Then Irwin verballed and he said he then wanted two posts and a guard. Maybe, he'll change his mind again and go for a four person class: two guards and two posts. We'll see.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Normally I don't bother with highlight tapes much until a kid commits because they usually show a bunch of shot making. But I looked at hers, and just like a high school tape of Moriah where her speed and ball handling were undeniable, this girl looks to be great wherever she goes. Great footwork, crazy quick release on the move and great vision. Looks like the kind of player who'd be fun to watch no matter where she goes so long as it isn't ND, which doesn't seem to be on her list.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From the little I know, here are some pros and cons:

Pro: She's skilled and plays VERY hard. That's VERY hard, like Moriah, Kelly, Maya.

Con: She tends to dominate the ball, perhaps because she wants to. Can she share the ball to UConn's standards?

Con: There was some info about parental over-involvement and perhaps a package deal with a sibling.

I'm pretty sure that the UConn players and/or recruits know Sabrina. If they give her a thumbs-up, we should try to get her.

Reaction Score
Con: She tends to dominate the ball, perhaps because she wants to. Can she share the ball to UConn's standards?

1) the article says her favorite thing to do is pass, and 2) in HS, I don't think it's all that uncommon for the best player, especially of this caliber, to "dominate the ball".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke79

Top Bottom