Iona Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Iona Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Abysmal first half by players, coaches, managers, and the water boy.

Excellent adjustments (on defense especially) and Pitino and co. couldn't handle it. On to the next one.

Outplayed, outcoached first half but crazy thing was you felt fine at just 2 down.

Kudos to DH for running the immediate play for Hawk to see if he was ready to show up and he did. Sanogo was out of his mind, “jump on my shoulders we aren’t going home now” type of game tremendous! Rick had no answers and if it weren’t for the usual stripes finding phantom fouls to keep it within reason this would’ve been an absolute laugher of a 2nd half.

St Mary’s smart, big and fundamental. Going to be fun at 6:10 tomorrow!!!!

Who’s turn to be the man?

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This one might be partially on me, boys.

I have a tradition of not wearing UConn garb unless I’m physically at the game (live in DC).

Today, at a watch party, I wore a very nice UConn polo. Down 2 at the half.

Fortunately, I was prepared for such an occurrence and had a bag with a normal, bland shirt on location. Changed at halftime and took the UConn polo off. The rest speaks for itself.

I will not be wearing a UConn shirt on Sunday.
Thank you for your service

Reaction Score
Anyone else get a little nervous with that Diarra/Alleyne combo out there together? Alleyne has played well the last few weeks but this isn't the time to use Diarra this much imo unless we really really need ball handling
I disagree about Diarra. He brings things that apparently others don’t see. He’s a tough player who defends, dives for loose balls and is a pain for an opponent. He does try to do too much on offense but his positives outweigh his negatives. He wants do badly to be good

Reaction Score
Not to nitpick, but I’ll knitpick; seems as though Jackson throws at least one mind numbingly bad pass each game. He had one in the first half that was picked off for an easy bucket by Iona. Other than that I thought he had a fine game.
My only knitpicks are finishing stronger to get the hoop and foul, not just the foul, and not missing layups.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
W/minutes

8E5182C8-A381-493A-AEB9-43E80D2D105F.jpeg

Reaction Score
Outplayed, outcoached first half but crazy thing was you felt fine at just 2 down.

Kudos to DH for running the immediate play for Hawk to see if he was ready to show up and he did. Sanogo was out of his mind, “jump on my shoulders we aren’t going home now” type of game tremendous! Rick had no answers and if it weren’t for the usual stripes finding phantom fouls to keep it within reason this would’ve been an absolute laugher of a 2nd half.

St Mary’s smart, big and fundamental. Going to be fun at 6:10 tomorrow!!!!

Who’s turn to be the man?
I don’t even think we were outcoached in the first half. We ripped apart their signature defense within a few minutes, generally took the shots we wanted, generally allowed them the shots we wanted. They made enough of theirs, we missed enough of ours. Then we ran them out of the gym in the second, and you’re right it was a great play call to get something for Hawkins. Hurley really trusts him

Their first 6 points were three pointers by a 24% shooter. They made a pull up jumper behind the backboard over Sanogo when the shot clock was going down. One guy had a basket over 7’2 Clingan where I’m pretty sure he wasn’t even looking at the hoop. You live with those shots.

Down at halftime against #13 shouldn’t happen, but if it happens by the other guys playing the half of their lives while your #1 shooter is 0-6, you just have to live with that and turn up in the second half. We d

Reaction Score
You guys are really struggling to save face. I said he was hurting. He was. You're trying to make it sound like I said he couldn't play, which I didn't.

There would be more dignity in just admitting you were wrong.
As someone just observing you clearly seem to be the one trying to save face here

Reaction Score
As someone just observing you clearly seem to be the one trying to save face here.

It's the same argumentation strategy my 3 year old god daughter uses to successfully outwit me.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well, it was only Hawkins, and it was multiple times. Something was clearly bothering him, even in the second half.
He’s banged up. That’s a fact.

Ankle, hip , and back.

You’d have to break his leg to keep him off floor though.

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed here or not, I apologize if it’s been explained, but….

I love seeing Bob Hurley Sr at pretty much every single game we play but why are he and his wife NEVER at Bobby’s games? Like literally NEVER… Or am I missing something?

Obviously the age and the fact they are from the tristate area a major point on why they are at Danny’s games but not Bobby’s but I am just curious if there’s another reason?

Reaction Score
Not sure if this has been discussed here or not, I apologize if it’s been explained, but….

I love seeing Bob Hurley Sr at pretty much every single game we play but why are he and his wife NEVER at Bobby’s games? Like literally NEVER… Or am I missing something?

Obviously the age and the fact they are from the tristate area a major point on why they are at Danny’s games but not Bobby’s but I am just curious if there’s another reason?
I thought about that when ASU played in Dayton the other night.

Reaction Score

Just a year or so ago, I remember Bobby Sr. talking about jumping back and forth for games in the tournament.

My guess it’s mostly geographical logistics.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom