Interim Coach Will Be | The Boneyard

Interim Coach Will Be

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's between Weist, Hughes & Foley.

I think it has to be Hughes. He is by far the most qualified of the three. This guy has put up with a lot. He deserves it and as long as Weist is actually given free reign over the offense and Foley gets the O-line back, I don't see any downside with it. He's professional enough to know there's no guarantee for next year and I think he can view it an an audition for a HC job somewhere.

Honestly, I want Weist and Foley focusing only on fixing the offense.

Reaction Score
I think it has to be Hughes. He is by far the most qualified of the three. This guy has put up with a lot. He deserves it and as long as Weist is actually given free reign over the offense and Foley gets the O-line back, I don't see any downside with it. He's professional enough to know there's no guarantee for next year and I think he can view it an an audition for a HC job somewhere.

Honestly, I want Weist and Foley focusing only on fixing the offense.

I agree completely. Hughes seems like the guy.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
It's still a sad day in UConn football when "the guy" just oversaw a defensive unit that gave up 41 to BUFFALO.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
My guess is Weist. He's the newest kid on the block. I'm equally as excited to get DeLeone out and Foley back on our OL!

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
In my opinion it should be Foley. He is the only guy with head coaching experience in college on his resume (Colgate). Plus, it will allow you to keep both your offensive coordinator (Weist) and defensive coordinator (Hughes) in place. An interim coach is more of a figure head anyway and the OC and DC lead their respective units. So Foley would be most natural.

Reaction Score
Good. I hope it is Weist too since it means we are serious about cleaning house.
agreed. As much as I like some of our assistant coaches that have been around during the Edsall and Coach P eras it just doesn't make sense to keep guys in that manner. Not at this level of football. A new HC should bring in his guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom