Interesting tweet by Coach P. | The Boneyard

Interesting tweet by Coach P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Joanne P. McCallie ‏@CoachPDuke 21m
Self-reflection is very hard. It hurts, it instructs. Character is seeking out the path of change. I am willing.

P's opening statement from yesterday's post-game presser and I did not make this up:

"Yeah, it was a good game, and hard fought. We've got some great lessons learned for us as we grow in this season, and I think it's a really great thing . . ."

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
P's opening statement from yesterday's post-game presser and I did not make this up:

"Yeah, it was a good game, and hard fought. We've got some great lessons learned for us as we grow in this season, and I think it's a really great thing . . ."

UConnCat....you are so right...she is always learning..here are her quotes from 2007-2013....posted earlier by still relevant...:)

I edited the quotes to the following:

"So it’s a very good learning experience for us as a team.
"Without question it’s great for us to learn
There are some great lessons for us to learn from.
And I think, hopefully, we're going to learn a valuable lesson when we watch on film...
It's a great lesson for us. We need to learn.
we've got to learn from that.
"I do think it's a learning process with young players and new circumstances.
Just lessons for us, lessons that we'll take and learn from."
"A little film in the morning always brightens your day and allows us to learn what we need to learn and we'll move forward."

Reminds me of my son, entering his 5th, 6th year of college...always tells me how much he is learning..:cool:. Key question in both cases...When is graduation?:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
LOL Coach P. Yes we suffered injuries this year, but would are you possibly "learning" from a bunch of underclassman beating seniors? LOL

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It seems she is trying disingenuously -- perhaps delusionally -- hard to put a positive spin on an ass-whippin'.

Vince Lombardi did it better: "We didn't lose. We just ran out of time."

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was a close game, wasn't it? 64-60 is not a beat down or blow out. But still, you would have thought the team would have "learned" what they needed to after the first UNC loss. Still, UCONN lost last year to ND in the BE finals, and went on to win the NC. Geno pretty famously said something like "I didn't coach the team the right way during the regular season, but now that it's the NCAA's, I'm going to show them how to win a NC".

If Geno can learn something from a 3rd loss to the same team in one season, isn't it possible McCallie can as well? I get that people think she's a crap coach and love to pile it on, but how would UCONN fare if Mo and Bria went down for the remainder of the season, and then add to that no Banks. That's essentially what Duke is facing with no Gray, Jones or Wells.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Reminds me of my son, entering his 5th, 6th year of college...always tells me how much he is learning..:cool:. Key question in both cases...When is graduation?:rolleyes:
That's awesome you're learning, now learn how to graduate. I've known a few people like that. :cool:

Reaction Score
It was a close game, wasn't it? 64-60 is not a beat down or blow out. But still, you would have thought the team would have "learned" what they needed to after the first UNC loss. Still, UCONN lost last year to ND in the BE finals, and went on to win the NC. Geno pretty famously said something like "I didn't coach the team the right way during the regular season, but now that it's the NCAA's, I'm going to show them how to win a NC".

If Geno can learn something from a 3rd loss to the same team in one season, isn't it possible McCallie can as well? I get that people think she's a crap coach and love to pile it on, but how would UCONN fare if Mo and Bria went down for the remainder of the season, and then add to that no Banks. That's essentially what Duke is facing with no Gray, Jones or Wells.
Also, try adding in Chong transferring and you get NO EXPLANATION what so ever. That's what we also faced with losing Kianna Holland. There's a lot of behind the door things happening in that locker room that not even us Duke fans understand. I will tell you one thing though I don't believe the shin injury is what's keeping out Chloe Wells one bit.

Reaction Score
She almost sounds like Yoda, but not quite that intelligent.

Reaction Score
Duke has had a very difficult year with a lot of injured and missing parts. I wish them well in the ACC tournament and I hope they find the winning formula soon. How long will it take?..........

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Made me feel like a fly on the wall at an AA meeting...

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Made me feel like a fly on the wall at an AA meeting...

Or a fly on the wall of a locker room as a coach addresses a team that is struggling. At least I hope she said this to her team directly.

Reaction Score
... If Geno can learn something from a 3rd loss to the same team in one season, isn't it possible McCallie can as well? I get that people think she's a crap coach and love to pile it on, but how would UCONN fare if Mo and Bria went down for the remainder of the season, and then add to that no Banks. That's essentially what Duke is facing with no Gray, Jones or Wells.

Nice argument, but numerous Duke fans have been calling for McCallie's head for years. They've had it with her incompetence. Frankly, even as a UConn fan, I wish Duke would find a better head coach for wcbb. It would do a lot to make the sport more exciting.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
UConnCat....you are so right...she is always learning..here are her quotes from 2007-2013....posted earlier by still relevant...:)

I edited the quotes to the following:

"So it’s a very good learning experience for us as a team.
"Without question it’s great for us to learn
There are some great lessons for us to learn from.
And I think, hopefully, we're going to learn a valuable lesson when we watch on film...
It's a great lesson for us. We need to learn.
we've got to learn from that.
"I do think it's a learning process with young players and new circumstances.
Just lessons for us, lessons that we'll take and learn from."
"A little film in the morning always brightens your day and allows us to learn what we need to learn and we'll move forward."

She must be a very learned woman.

Reaction Score
She sees the train-wreck coming, this season will end shortly. Then next year will be be worse, 5 seniors leave, and they could start next season with no point guard.

Their backcourt is very thin next year, I doubt Jones will be healthy at the start of the season, and K Johnson is the only true guard on the roster. Greenwell, and Calhoun can be called guards, but they don't look like primary ball-handlers.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Is there a Tweeters Anonymous? Do they all get a T-shirt that says "Twits Souldn't Tweet"?

Thanks goodness Mulkey doesn't tweet. That would be a mess!

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From yesterday's press conference:

On the game’s three parts:
“Yeah, I think our focus. We started out well, and that’s fine, and sometimes I don’t even like quick starts offensively because I think it blows your focus sometimes. But for us it just wasn’t a full 40 minutes. I mean, like you indicated for us, there were some really good pockets of opportunity, but there was a critical after the half. I mean, what was that? I mean, it was poor execution, poor effort. Poor effort was the bigger thing for us. And then of course our effort became really big after that. I think we’ve got to be a consistent team. It doesn’t mean we have to be a perfect team, and we will make mistakes, but we have to have consistency of our effort, fight, rebounding, there are some basics that have to happen. And I think in that time that we were not as successful and they were, we weren’t covering the basics, stops, rebounds, fundamentals. Fundamentals are very important in March for every team.”

Reaction Score
Nice argument, but numerous Duke fans have been calling for McCallie's head for years. They've had it with her incompetence. Frankly, even as a UConn fan, I wish Duke would find a better head coach for wcbb. It would do a lot to make the sport more exciting.
Mike Carey would whip that bunch into shape. That man can flat out coach a team. He gave Uconn fits many times with lesser talent. Imagine if you gave him Dukes roster to work with!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
You give Carey or Walz TN, UNC or Duke's talent and you would have a real threat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You give Carey or Walz TN, UNC or Duke's talent and you would have a real threat.

I've never played the lottery before in my life..... but now you have put an idea in my head....

oh what would I do if I won the powerball (or whatever they call the big prize) ..... I would have enough money to buy out a few contracts :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I've never played the lottery before in my life..... but now you have put an idea in my head....

oh what would I do if I won the powerball (or whatever they call the big prize) ..... I would have enough money to buy out a few contracts :rolleyes:
Could you imagine Jeff or Mike at Duke, makes sense to me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom