Interesting Regional(2020) | The Boneyard

Interesting Regional(2020)

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
In the year, 2020, the 2 nearest sites for the Regional Finals are Fort Wayne, Indiana, and Greenville, SC.
Both, are LONG drives from CT.....Over 700 miles to fort Wayne, and over 800 miles to Greenville.
I am disappointed, after becoming accustomed to driving to Albany+Bridgeport.
Of course, all of this may change as some states sign on for sports betting.

Reaction Score
It doesn't make much sense to put UCONN who is one of the top 2/3 draws in WCBB in a Region 800 or 700 miles from CT so the majority of their fans can't or won't go to!
You'll still get a bunch of UCONN fans to go but the vast majority will not be able to make that trip!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
It doesn't make much sense to put UCONN who is one of the top 2/3 draws in WCBB in a Region 800 or 700 miles from CT so the majority of their fans can't or won't go to!
You'll still get a bunch of UCONN fans to go but the vast majority will not be able to make that trip!
You're right; and those 2 sites are in the backyards of Notre Dame+South Carolina.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
This will be fun to see how much sympathy you get from South Carolina fans. I'm guessing...zilch.

Not gonna get much sympathy from me and I’m a UCONN fan. It should be spread out. UCONN travels well and it has been in their backyard for years. Spread it out. We will still show up.

Also—people will stop saying how the ncaa favors UCONN by giving them home games. GA said they will go wherever to play and i will follow.

Reaction Score
I hope this comes to fruition albeit selfishly. Moved to Fort Wayne from Waterbury in '05. Can't wait hopefully.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
This will be fun to see how much sympathy you get from South Carolina fans. I'm guessing...zilch.

I was just chuckling at some of the responses; I'll assume that none of them came from those critical of SC fans who complained of having to travel to Sioux Falls, Stockton and Albany.

Reaction Score
The NCAA's main game plan is to make money! They complain constantly when Regionals are not well attended! So they send teams that draw a large fan base far away like SoCar and others and now plan on sending UCONN away from it's fan base. They better not complain if 2,000 people or less attend the East Regionals next year!

Reaction Score
I liked the idea of having permanent regional in Las Vegas but with a twist.

EAST: New York City - Washington, DC
SOUTH: San Antonio or (Dallas) - Atlanta
Midwest: Chicago - Louisville
West: Sacramento - Las Vegas

Rotate the location yearly. The cities are easy to get go and I'm sure that there is plenty of hotel space available.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I liked the idea of having permanent regional in Las Vegas but with a twist.

EAST: New York City - Washington, DC
SOUTH: San Antonio or (Dallas) - Atlanta
Midwest: Chicago - Louisville
West: Sacramento - Las Vegas

Rotate the location yearly. The cities are easy to get go and I'm sure that there is plenty of hotel space available.

Those would certainly be more interesting places to visit and make for easier travel.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom