Interesting Question | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Interesting Question

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
Nadav
Was wondering how long it would take to get a Nadav. My reasons are purely selfish...we just didn't get to see enough of him. BE ROY in the Dream Season and set the all-time frosh record for steals. He was just a joy to watch and we only got one season from him in a Husky uniform. Throw in that it was my last year living in Storrs. Would love to see him suit up above all the other great formers.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Was wondering how long it would take to get a Nadav. My reasons are purely selfish...we just didn't get to see enough of him. BE ROY in the Dream Season and set the all-time frosh record for steals. He was just a joy to watch and we only got one season from him in a Husky uniform. Throw in that it was my last year living in Storrs. Would love to see him suit up above all the other great formers.

Can't argue against Dove. Again, fills most glaring weakness on this team which is the four spot. Not saying Karaban is weak, but the four spot is where UConn needs the most depth. Shooter, rebounder, absolute beast in the passing lanes on D and elite vision passing the ball on offense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
really? no mention of johnnie selvie? this team desperateiy needs someone to randomly step out of bounds
Pssh, if that were really a need, I would go with Purvis.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
My final answer is a stretch 4 who can rebound and play high level D against the heat opponents.

I'll take any of Caronimo, Dove or Donyell.

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Jeremy Lamb would be really good on this team. Didn’t need the ball to heavily impact games & could score in a multitude of ways.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Coming from the guy who made the Newton thread, probably not surprising I’m not going PG here. I think him and Diarra are what this team needs, really good POA defenders that don’t shoot us out of games. So I’d probably focus on a forward.

1. Giffey- Low usage, elite shooter, good rebounder and defender, championship experience. He’d fit perfectly in the Karaban role.

2. Martin- Lesser version of Giffey. Would be awesome to see him win a title with the program. Another perfect fit in the Karaban role.

3. Daniels- More self creating offense than Giffey, not sure we need it. Shooting threat that also plays good defense.

4. Ray- Move Jackson to the 4. Shooting would be unbelievable with Hawkins/Ray/Joey. Number 1 offense in the country by a landslide.

5. Ricky- Another elite POA player for us to role out. Would make the defense even better.

I wouldn’t mess up the synergy this team has offensively by adding a ball dominant scorer. As good as guys like Kemba/Shabazz/Adams/Vital/Cole were, their styles of game were what their teams needed to be great or win championships, this is a different kind of team.

Reaction Score
My vote would be for AJ Price. Bazz and Kemba were the guy on teams with limited weapons. The 09 team was stacked and AJ did a phenomenal job distributing and could also score when needed

Reaction Score
The original transfer portal story. Literally a man among boys. JC was way ahead of his time in recruiting.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Rip Hamilton would be running people off those stagger screens for open looks all day long.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My original thought was Ricky. Selfishly, because he's tied with Emeka at the top of my list of favorite all time huskies. But do we need another PG that is reluctant to shoot unless we're in dire need of points? Even if he is the best defensive player we've ever had at the point?
Then I thought, if we're looking to improve D, why not go to the four for a defensive stalwart who could also average 10 points a game, and I thought of Kirk King. But then I said, it you're filling in the four spot and you can have Donyell, KK becomes something of an afterthought.
Anyhow, after a few more days of pondering the myriad possibilities, I ended up right back at Ricky.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think it’s Caron.

AJ slides to the 4.

Newt, Hawk, Caron, AJ, Adama,
Big Shot Hass, Cali, lene, AK/Slam, Kong

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Donny Marshall - just to completely dominate the boards and see him play alongside AJax.
I didn't know Donny was a soccer player. Not only played soccer but 4 time All-State.
Need to reconsider the best athlete category.

"After leading his high school basketball team to over 100 wins and being named to Washington's All-State team 4 consecutive years (along with being a 4 time All-State selection as a soccer player) Donny graduated from Federal Way High School, a school in the suburb of Seattle."
Please tell me you know Kevin Freeman was a HS teammate of Tim Thomas.
Did you know Denham Brown scored 100 points in a game in HS?

Reaction Score
Bingo!. Wouldn't be disappointed with Kemba or Bazz, but glad to see the support for Marcus Williams who I consider to be somewhat unsung. He was a skillful passer with vision whose talents would blend perfectly with this roster. And he was also a prolific scorer.
Low character guy. No thanks.

Reaction Score
I guess that is Sanogo but they could have put a larger picture

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
I guess that is Sanogo but they could have put a larger picture

Don’t worry, Joey, we all know California belongs to you, even from across the country.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom