Interesting line from an article from Gophers forum | The Boneyard

Interesting line from an article from Gophers forum

Reaction Score
From the Minnesota WBBALL forum article:

"Upon her arrival in Storrs, Paige Bueckers, embracing the ghosts of Huskies past, famously said, “I want to win four”. Her first NCAA title was denied by upstart Arizona in the national semifinals. As a result, UConn is aiming at Minneapolis in seeking a title restoration. While the Huskies have not missed a Final Four since 2006-07, UConn hasn’t won an NCAA championship since 2015-16. It’s a non-title streak that generally only bugs UConn fans. For many of us, curating and expanding the Pantheon of Huskies Notables is not high on our list of endeavors."

I thought the last line was sooo true. It really just bugs us every year. LOL

Reaction Score
That would be sweet if UConn got back to the Final Four and pulled off winning the title in a certain players hometown and state. Talk about getting the keys to the city. But it is one game at a time and players and coaching staff working together. Plus a lot of luck.

Reaction Score
That would be sweet if UConn got back to the Final Four and pulled off winning the title in a certain players hometown and state. Talk about getting the keys to the city. But it is one game at a time and players and coaching staff working together. Plus a lot of luck.
Would they still give her the keys to the city even though she lives in Maryland now?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
And Hopkins alum Paige Bueckers, who was recruited by Auriemma to UConn after the Gophers hired Whalen and Whalen made a late run to keep Bueckers in Minnesota. "Geno got a little nervous,'' Reeve said. "He knew that Paige had a poster of Lindsay in her bedroom. I think he increased the frequency of his visits after Lindsay got hired.'':):):)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Other notable quotes.

Saturday's game is special for Bueckers to play against the Gophers and coach Lindsay Whalen. For Whalen, it's special to coach against Auriemma, who was her coach on two Olympic teams and two World Championship teams.

"It's not for me to decide, but he may be the greatest coach ever,'' Whalen said. Whalen said she owes Auriemma a lot. He gave her the opportunity to play for Team USA. In her words, Auriemma saw something in her that she, at the time, might not have seen.

"Being a Minnesota kid, I'm proud of her,'' Whalen said. "She's done a lot for the game. She's shown she can make an impact on society. Just a great kid. And I know she'll have a lot of success. She's somebody who will probably be on the next Olympic team. She'll be in the WNBA.''

Gophers guard Sara Scalia played against Bueckers and Hopkins in the 2019 Minnesota 4A title game, won by Hopkins.

"She can do everything,'' Scalia said. "I like her ability to not only create her own shot, but see the floor. The whole floor, really well. She gets her teammates such easy shots. It's not just her ability to score. It's what she does for her teammates.''

Reaction Score
No matter where she is now (or in the future), she'll ALWAYS be from Minnesota. THAT will never change. She'll ALWAYS be a "favorite daughter." ;)
If Paige Beuckers continues her present trajectory and becomes one of the all-time great athletes (GOAT), she will join Michael Phelps and Katie Ledecky in becoming an official Maryland Herd, objections from MN notwithstanding.
OIP.GvCm0IkpxRWlCCCiuFW-WgHaHW

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
And Hopkins alum Paige Bueckers, who was recruited by Auriemma to UConn after the Gophers hired Whalen and Whalen made a late run to keep Bueckers in Minnesota. "Geno got a little nervous,'' Reeve said. "He knew that Paige had a poster of Lindsay in her bedroom. I think he increased the frequency of his visits after Lindsay got hired.'':):):)

That 2016 team was arguably the best team ever. The end of the bench consisted of Catchings, Stewart, and Delle Donne, who combined for 4 WNBA MVP awards. The starters were basically GOATs.

Reaction Score
I've gone to the gophers forum and let's just say the comments of her not committing to Whalen and Minnesota are not flattering.

Amashutcha

Basketball enjoyer
Reaction Score
I've gone to the gophers forum and let's just say the comments of her not committing to Whalen and Minnesota are not flattering.
Same. Those were minutes of reading their threads I can never get back.

Reaction Score
Same. Those were minutes of reading their threads I can never get back.
They were surely disappointed with Paige not playing at hometown. Just like Lebron left Cleveland for Miami. And I do respect they keep Paige's thread.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I'd love to see Paige on the Lynx with Napheesa and Crystal.

Reaction Score
That 2016 team was arguably the best team ever. The end of the bench consisted of Catchings, Stewart, and Delle Donne, who combined for 4 WNBA MVP awards. The starters were basically GOATs.
Best team ever was the 1996 Olmypic team. They played 70 games in the year leading up to the games, and as a team, not just superstars they were far better prepared then what we have sent to the games in recent years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom