Instruction needed re PM | The Boneyard

Instruction needed re PM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seem to forget how to send a personal or private message to a fellow Yarder....and am lo-tech. Specifically what exact steps do I take after signing in (do I have to "start a conversation" or is there something geared to one-on-one?)............including, how to I connect to the specific intended recipient? Thanks up front for any guidance.

( On another front, what a heady feeling to find myself in the plurality on the post position improvement voting :) , rather than standing in my usual bold minority stance here ;). Go Bigs!) Stay well.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Go to and click on your inbox. Then when the next page boots click on Start a Conversation. Put the person you want to communicate with at the top in participants. Give it a title and fill in the body. When starting a conversation your can choose to allow others to be included or not directly below the content area. When your message is ready hit the Start a Conversation button and you are done.

Reaction Score
ICE - nice and clear.....thanks for that and stay well. will give it a whirl as soon as tme permits

JS

Reaction Score
Slightly more streamlined method: if you have a post from the person handy, click on the avatar. Then hit "Start a Conversation" approximately in the middle of the resulting display.

That'll give you the message composition form with the person's handle already filled in.

Bonus info: the avatar display will also tell you whether the person is currently viewing the board and/or when he or she was "last seen" doing so.

Reaction Score
JS - thank you as well. As you know, I've always felt you do such a nice job in your moderator role ( you seem to deal with things from "right down the middle" without any agenda intrusion); and, more generally in your role as a contributor, I like your input. Stay well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom