Insanely Tough Trivia Question | The Boneyard

Insanely Tough Trivia Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
How many times have teams who played in two NC games against each other met in the final regular season game? And especially one that helps decide the conference championship?

Even if you don't have any fingers available because they're kneading dough or something, you should be able to answer this one.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Once.

Louisville and UConn this year.
Ooooh, actually I was thinking 0 but probably should have used the word "before" in there somewhere. I guess technically they still haven't played yet and a huge ice storm or an appearance by Mothra could cancel everything.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Tennessee faced Georgia in an NC, and played Georgia thrice as the final game of regular season (1994, 1995, 2008) but they didn't play Auburn twice in the NC, so it doesn't quite qualify.

Tennessee faced Auburn in an NC, and played Auburn twice as the final game of the regular season (2000,2001) but they didn't play Georgia twice in the NC, so it doesn't quite qualify.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Believe it or not DobbsRover, there is another example.

Let's make sure I have the rules correct:
  1. Played each other in an NC game twice
  2. Played each other as the last game of the regular season

I won't give the answer now, I'll leave it in case anyone else wants to check.

Shouldn't be hard, how many possibilities can there be?

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
My gawd, it's Mothra!! Run away, run away!!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Believe it or not DobbsRover, there is another example.

Let's make sure I have the rules correct:

1. [ ]Played each other in an NC game twice
    [ ]Played each other as the last game of the regular season

I won't give the answer now, I'll leave it in case anyone else wants to check.

Shouldn't be hard, how many possibilities can there be?
Okay, but I can claim at least a semi-save because of the "especially one that helps decide a conference championship." So being the OP, I'll just retroactively tag an "and" in there to make it two teams that have faced off in two NC games and are meeting in the regular season finale and helping to determine a conference championship. Wasn't aware that UTenn would blow off its SEC mates some years to play an OOC finale, and yes with LA Tech who they beat twice in an NC game. Knew there was another reason to dislike the Vols.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
Mothra2.JPG

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Okay, but I can claim at least a semi-save because of the "especially one that helps decide a conference championship." So being the OP, I'll just retroactively tag an "and" in there to make it two teams that have faced off in two NC games and are meeting in the regular season finale and helping to determine a conference championship. Wasn't aware that UTenn would blow off its SEC mates some years to play an OOC finale, and yes with LA Tech who they beat twice in an NC game. Knew there was another reason to dislike the Vols.

Heh you nailed it, but that's why I was careful to ask.

Actually, they played a lot of OOC at end of season back then, I saw a Texas game ending one season.

Reaction Score
UConn-Louisville. They've met twice in the national championship, twice in the Big East championship.

Reaction Score
Heh you nailed it, but that's why I was careful to ask.

Actually, they played a lot of OOC at end of season back then, I saw a Texas game ending one season.

Wow! Nice trivia question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32