Innocent until proven guilty. | The Boneyard

Innocent until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've read plenty over the last few days demanding that Enosch Wolf be kicked off the basketball team, expelled from school and deported back to Germany.

As has become all to common in our increasingly victim focused society, Wolf has been tried, convicted and excecuted in the court of public opinion before all of the facts are known. For all any of us know, the limited facts contained in the police report may be the whole story, but it would be nice, if just once, the media and the rest of us waited to see what the facts actually are.

I'd kinda like to know, were there any witnesses? There has been plenty of speculation that Wolff was drunk, yet no confirmation of this. Was the victim intoxicated? By no means am I advocating tolerance of violence toward women....or anyone. But lets wait for all of the facts.

There has been plenty of discussion that the burglary charge is a felony that would result in deporation.....if there is a conviction. What are the facts supporting this charge? Do the facts support this charge? Did the police overcharge the incident? Talk of deportation at this stage is reckless, given that there are no answers to these questions.

I understand the need to treat athletes as you would treat any other student. What I haven't seen discussed is a similar need not to make an unnecessary example of an athlete. If all of the allegations against Wolf are true, and he wasn't an athlete, would a uconn student be subject to expulsion for the same first-time offense? If not, Wolf shouldn't be either.

Just once, I'd like to see someone in The Horde write a column suggesting that opinions and judgments be withheld until all of the facts are know. If Wolf is guiltly, he should be punished, but the punishment should fit the crime.

Reaction Score
You would think that we would have heard by now what really set him off, because he seems like such a stable guy, last one on the team that you would expect except maybe Giffey.

Reaction Score
Yes, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. But this the yard. Where opinion is shared, like yours. And you make some valid points.

My opinion regardless of what the court does, Uconn and coach KO are hamstrung by the court of public opinion (apr, realignment). His actions only feed into that. What if this happen before KO got his contract?

Coach will have to show he is tough and that Uconn is above any individual. I don't know what that looks like but Wolfe has put himself in a bad position whether he's guilty or not.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think wolf will play very soon. but he will not be here next year.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We do tend to jump to conclusions without waiting for things to play out.

The closer we are to an external event (not necessarily proximity, but emotionally) the more that event triggers an inner need to validate ourselves. No matter what the evidence ends up being many of us who have already judged the kid will be unable to change our opinions.

One other aside. A dispassionate response doesn't necessarily indicate someone is not emotionally charged by events. They can be. On the other hand a dispassionate response can be coming from someone trying to mask emotions to avoid people reading them.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't have any inside information (and whether you do or not, you sure act like you do), but my prediction would be the exact opposite.

he will practice with the team for sure. maybe ko doesn't let him back to playing. i think he will play soon but maybe thats a court thing i dont understand. lyle sat out about 5 minutes...i stand by my other prediction for now until im wrong and get ripped here for it. but hey, i was so dam wrong about ko for the past 18 months on here that u guys rips me for that every day 2 right???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom