Indiana Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Much better than last time. I was glad to see it. In particular there were stretches throughout the game (adding up to maybe 10 minutes in all) where UConn was really good, and that's where they built out their lead.

It is still a bit of a mercurial team, I suppose. Going forward, what I'd like to see is for them to be (if not excellent) solid for most of a game against a good opponent. From here forward, teams will really make them pay for long lapses.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Jekyll and Hyde refs. Almost like they needed to make sure each team has the same total of fouls. Unreal.

UConn figured out the Indian defense late in the first and continued in to the second quarter. The third quarter was the knock out punch! Indiana was done at that point.

Controlled the boards, turned Indiana over. Solid defense.

On to Monday night and NC State.

Reaction Score
Dorka disn't even get her shirt off in the second half. Is she hurt?

Reaction Score
Like watching two different games, and the officials were the major reason why. Indiana was caught completely off guard by the extensive whistle blowing at the beginning of Q3. Never seen such an abrupt change in officiating in my life. And it wasn’t “home cooking;” UConn actually got called for more fouls. The difference was the the depth: 11 bench points for the Huskies vs. 1 for IU.
LOL....The 1st half refs were great. The 2nd half refs were horrendous! How could they possibly be the same officials??

Reaction Score
I said that we would win by 19 and we were close to that… we will beat NC state by around same score…..
we did this while shooting poorly from 3
NC State is small at every position vs UCONN but center, both 6'5".
They won't wear down like Indiana did in the 2nd half, they play more players, but their reserves aren't as good as UCONN nor are their starters, for that matter!
UCONN plays their game, its on to the final 4!
One last point, the last 2 games, UCONN beat the 2 most experienced college teams in this tournament, UCF and Indiana!

Reaction Score
It’s really hard to enjoy the game and read the chat at the same time. I wonder why that is?

Reaction Score
The one concern is how will Paige respond physically on Monday night. I liked she was more aggressive, looking for her shot. However, it is noticeable that she is unable to finish going to the basket with traffic in front of her, and her automatic pull-up jumper is lacking her customary elevation. She is a gamer though, even though her quickness and lateral movement is not 100%, her presence covers for her.

Loved Ducharme’s early energy and contribution. Unfortunately, she is subject to the numbers game. Who do you take off the floor? Her time will come next season, taking over Christyn Williams role.

The game against NC St will be a slugfest. No lead is comfortable against them. They have come back too many times this season, so they won’t be rattled playing behind and they are a veteran team.

Great to see Creighton make the Elite Eight. I have another 24 hours living the dream thinking they can beat SC, but the reality is Boston is too big to stop.

Let’s go UConn!

Reaction Score
Grind it out and win.
1. Paige looking better
2. Azzi is so dangerous
3. CW is playing with heart and doing what she is good at
4. Aaliyah is playing with determination
5. Liv is our rim protector and defensive rebounding machine
6. Evina is playing great off the bench
7. Nik and Caroline are doing the little things
8. Geno is subing great
9. Lets win on Monday GO HUSKIES!!!!!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Low percentage from 3 pt land, not enough assists from anyone. The defense showed up, but things have to get better for UConn to make it to the final four.
You're not wrong. Indiana played like a team that needed 40 minutes to beat an Ivy. And we didn't pull away.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom