Indiana & other top teams go down (merged thread) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Indiana & other top teams go down (merged thread)

Reaction Score
Have seen Indiana play several times this year and they are one of the best outside shooting teams in the US. That being said, if you rely too much on the outside shot you will eventually have some bad games. I like UConn's balance with two bigs who can score and two excellent outside shooters. Assuming Caroline can come back, we are in a good position.
Get ready for some fun, cause with Paige and Ice playing next year along with UCONN's recruiting class, there's gonna be a lot of paybacks in the Big East, and against a few others for the rough play this year!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Told you, the posers would fall. As did Utah. LSU next. Maryland too. So who goes back to the number one seed. One guess.
Go Huskies.
I think Stanford and Indiana will remain #1, but Utah will move to #2. The best we can do is #2

Reaction Score
Even with the loss, Indiana is a #1 seed. Anyone who could have conceivably challenged them for the spot also lost. The question is, who else is on the top line? In the unlikely event that LSU upsets SC they get a top seed, if UCONN can win the next two games big and look good doing it a top seed is a possibility, if Maryland wins their tourney title they have a shot (and the same for Iowa), and Stanford is still a possible pick. Most years it seems like there are five teams who have a legitimate claim on a top seed; this year it feels like there is one definite lock in SC, one lock in Indiana who had a little help, and everyone else. I have no idea who gets those other two #1 seeds. I do know that whoever gets the spots will have gotten a lot of help and that there will be people saying “how did they get a #1 seed?” It will be up to the teams to prove that they deserve it.

Reaction Score
Told you, the posers would fall. As did Utah. LSU next. Maryland too. So who goes back to the number one seed. One guess.
Go Huskies.
Not if Crème has any input.
Which is, fortunately, doubtful.

Reaction Score
Indiana probably deserves to be a 1 seed (along with SC). I don't see Stanford passing the eye test, but for what it is worth, Charlie does. If we win out, I don't see how they can keep us off the 2 line, near the top of the 2's. I wouldn't want to be in the SC bracket, and would prefer to avoid Indiana and Stanford to get to the Final Four. Anyone else (Iowa, MD, LSU, Va Tech) would be great.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Iowa just beat Maryland, not good for us. If Maryland won, Iowa would move behind us, but with Iowa winning, both teams are now ahead of us.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I think Indiana is a very good team, but not today. # 22 almost single-handedly gave the game away with turnovers and missed layups. But it is on the coach to steer the ship. Lots of "better" teams will lose this week. Let's just make sure it isn't us. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
IU is not a poser. But they are eminently beatable, as is Stanford. @Tonyc and I have been saying this year’s Huskies could surprise everyone, and the rest of you dismissed us as dreamers. Well , we are dreaming… of great things. And it doesn’t hurt that the top teams are in as much disarray now as seven been in for the past few weeks. We may get back to the FF not because we dominate but because everyone else falters.

Reaction Score
Indiana totally fell apart when OSU started pressing. Nothing could be less unexpected, but they had five- and ten-second calls, tie-ups, and bad passes. It seemed that they kept trying the same set and kept losing the ball.
I’ve seen them do this to so many teams. Jacy Sheldon being back for them is huge. The guard play tomorrow vs. Iowa should be nothing less than spectacular.

Reaction Score
Indiana probably deserves to be a 1 seed (along with SC). I don't see Stanford passing the eye test, but for what it is worth, Charlie does. If we win out, I don't see how they can keep us off the 2 line, near the top of the 2's. I wouldn't want to be in the SC bracket, and would prefer to avoid Indiana and Stanford to get to the Final Four. Anyone else (Iowa, MD, LSU, Va Tech) would be great.
#4 or #5 overall does not matter [last #1 seed, or 1st #2 seed] as they will play each other in the Elite Eight anyway. However, it would be better to be the #3 or #6 overall seed so UCONN is on the opposite side of the bracket from SC in the FF.

If we are #6 overall, [although I don't see three other teams that are better by stats or the "eye-test" that would push us lower than #4, conceding SC the #1 overall ranking as of today] I believe the UCONN women's team that played today will continue to improve over the next three weeks and earn their spot in the Final Four.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
What are the chances that OSU will beat Iowa and wins the title tomorrow? That would be a surprise. With all the attention the other 3 - Iowa with Clark, how good IU has been all season and being a lock for #1 seed, and MD being #1 seed in CC’s latest bracket, OSU has taken the back seat in that conference. I’m rooting for them to win tomorrow. Besides, we sort of have a connection with them - our Dorka.

Reaction Score
What are the chances that OSU will beat Iowa and wins the title tomorrow? That would be a surprise. With all the attention the other 3 - Iowa with Clark, how good IU has been all season and being a lock for #1 seed, and MD being #1 seed in CC’s latest bracket, OSU has taken the back seat in that conference. I’m rooting for them to win tomorrow. Besides, we sort of have a connection with them - our Dorka.
I think tOSU definitely has a chance; if they can get their shots to fall and can implement their full-court press, I think it can definitely disrupt Iowa. Clark sometimes is prone to getting easily frustrated and I think if tOSU plays defense tomorrow the way they did in the 2nd half today, they can absolutely shut down Iowa, especially if they guard Czinano the same way they did Holmes.

My gut says that Iowa wins this one, but I would not be surprised if Ohio State wins.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom