Incoming freshman guard Ahmad Nowell ready to start UConn career | The Boneyard

Incoming freshman guard Ahmad Nowell ready to start UConn career

Reaction Score
Article from the Register.

Or maybe Nowell can win the job, either right off the bat like Castle did this past season, or later in the year. Either way, he hasn't talked about it much with Dan Hurley and the UConn coaching staff.

"That hasn't been really much of a conversation," Nowell said. "(Hurley) recruited me because he knew I was going to compete, he knew I was a dog and I was going to play hard. With that being said, he doesn't have to say it, I just have to show it and prove that I can be out there on the court with those guys."

Reaction Score
Article from the Register.

Or maybe Nowell can win the job, either right off the bat like Castle did this past season, or later in the year. Either way, he hasn't talked about it much with Dan Hurley and the UConn coaching staff.

"That hasn't been really much of a conversation," Nowell said. "(Hurley) recruited me because he knew I was going to compete, he knew I was a dog and I was going to play hard. With that being said, he doesn't have to say it, I just have to show it and prove that I can be out there on the court with those guys."

Love these words

Reaction Score
I think he is going to be a good player here but i just can’t see him starting over Hass next season.
Doesn’t need to, he’ll get plenty of time, some of it on floor with Hass

Reaction Score
Doesn’t need to, he’ll get plenty of time, some of it on floor with Hass

He can go for the 6th man of the year like Hass this year, and take the starting spot next year.

Reaction Score
I would think it's Hass's to lose. He earned it, and it sure would be awesome if yet another Hurley player earns his way into the NBA First Round.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
I’m rooting for Ahmed. We will never be able to spell his name correctly though but we couldn’t for Tristin either.

Reaction Score
I would think it's Hass's to lose. He earned it, and it sure would be awesome if yet another Hurley player earns his way into the NBA First Round.
Never happen, too short

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Really excited for this kid, just surprised that he’s only 6’0” as I thought Hurley liked big guards. Either way, I think he’ll be a stud here.

Reaction Score
I think he is going to be a good player here but i just can’t see him starting over Hass next season.
I like Hass coming off the bench. He is not a true pg and has more of an impact in the role he played. Starting him should not be dependent on him having seniority as i remember Dean Smith costing himself a title by not starting Rasheed and Stackhouse as freshmen when they were clearly better than the upper classmen he kept playing ahead of them. If Nowell is the best option at PG then you start him. I hope thats the case because Hass is such a weapon off the bench. Hes a weapon of mass destruction to opposing backcourts.

Reaction Score
Not happy with the size and length (lack of) of the incoming Freshman guards. Danny needs to bring in some length and proven shooting ability at the 2 and wing positions from the Portal, imo. Our biggest loss from this year will be the size and shooting talent we had at the 1-3 positions.

Reaction Score
Not happy with the size and length (lack of) of the incoming Freshman guards. Danny needs to bring in some length and proven shooting ability at the 2 and wing positions from the Portal, imo. Our biggest loss from this year will be the size and shooting talent we had at the 1-3 positions.
Did you watch the Jordan Classic?

This kid is a stud? He's built like a brickhouse. He's not going to be intimidated taking it to the rim.

Kid is huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom