In The Paint, Episode 3, Guard Talk | The Boneyard

In The Paint, Episode 3, Guard Talk

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to seeing how these guards play. Joey looks like a pure shooter/scorer.

Reaction Score
At the scrimmage I was very impressed with Hassan. After watching this, I like him even more.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Have a feeling Hassan Diarra is going to be a fan favorite by the end of the season

I have a feeling his swagger and toughness will have his fans an his FG% will bring detractors.

I hope with enough talent around him he takes on role of conductor and supporting cast rather than lead solo.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
After watching Episode 2 on the wings and this episode Kimani has this look in eyes like the dad of a newborn who has been up all night with crying baby and is absolutely on point with everything he says and does but you can tell he just wants sleep and rest.

Reaction Score
After watching Episode 2 on the wings and this episode Kimani has this look in eyes like the dad of a newborn who has been up all night with crying baby and is absolutely on point with everything he says and does but you can tell he just wants sleep and rest.
Like a parent it gets worse when his players forget all that he's teaching.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love the french connection with our bigs
qN1AIN.gif

Reaction Score
I actually think he’s more likely to be a scapegoat.

It’s not like there isn’t a precedent for the fan base laying blame at the feet of a point guard from queens with an iffy jumper.

Incidentally, and apropos of absolutely nothing, I rewatched the Oklahoma shellacking from ‘04 the other day - one of my favorite blowouts to rewatch - and Taliek could absolutely sling the rock. He had some beautiful assists in that game beyond the no look pass that ends up on all the highlight videos.

pj

Reaction Score
Interesting that they classed Alleyne with the wings rather than the guards. Guess the coaches don't agree with the poster who thought Alleyne might play the point.

Great social media, really nice to see the university working on this.

Reaction Score
Interesting that they classed Alleyne with the wings rather than the guards. Guess the coaches don't agree with the poster who thought Alleyne might play the point.

Alleyne can play wing or guard,, Depends on matchups and game situation

Reaction Score
I actually think he’s more likely to be a scapegoat.
I considered that possibility, but I think it's more likely the fanbase falls in love with the guy who plays tough and does all the little things. Not comparing the talent level here, but how much the board loved guys like Vital and Brendan Adams and were always calling for more minutes for them

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Andre isn’t classed with the guards either.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alleyne can play wing or guard,, Depends on matchups and game situation
And if you watch Episode 2 on the wings, Kimani starts with Alleyene and talks about what a pleasant surprise it has been that he is more than just a shooter; he noted his ability to create off the dribble, his passing and especially his defense. Alleyene himself said he wants to show that he can be a playmaker. And Andre noted that he is making a case to play a bigger role on this team.

My comment the other night about Alleyene maybe playing some point was merely based on my observation that he seemed to be the most complete guard we have. Again, small sample size and I'm not talking about him running point like a traditional PG; but if we are going with this two or three guard hybrid, having him in the mix really increases our flexibility.

Reaction Score
And if you watch Episode 2 on the wings, Kimani starts with Alleyene and talks about what a pleasant surprise it has been that he is more than just a shooter; he noted his ability to create off the dribble, his passing and especially his defense. Alleyene himself said he wants to show that he can be a playmaker. And Andre noted that he is making a case to play a bigger role on this team.

My comment the other night about Alleyene maybe playing some point was merely based on my observation that he seemed to be the most complete guard we have. Again, small sample size and I'm not talking about him running point like a traditional PG; but if we are going with this two or three guard hybrid, having him in the mix really increases our flexibility.
We agree.. Think he's going to be one of our glue guys and providing DH with rotational flexibility

Reaction Score
Great content from the school, I’m impressed by the quality and the idea

Reaction Score
I like how they split these videos up into 3 quarters :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom