in state momentum | The Boneyard

in state momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
couldn't come at a more perfect time. overall we are pusing well in nyc, ct and ma. time to grow a pair and tip the scales. put the word out and lets get serious about stuff like they do down south. we get qa commit from your community, 1k is donated by the school towards your local pop warner league. build for the future, its helps the hs coaches and so on up the chain. considering out ad budget or just the coaches salary, this is cake. lets turn it up a notch and see how many of these kids not only want a shot to get better and go to the nfl but also want to help the kids under them. i remmeber the check JC cut for rudy, this is possible so dont give me ncaa balh blah. there are certtain ways to do it and lets play ball. if we were willing to take the couple kdis we did the last month, then we should be willing to play ball on other fronts also. how do u think rutgers all of a sudden became such a good school at keeping the middle group and some top recruits in nj home every year? whats that jezzy/kanye song? i put on for my city. well lets buck up and put on.

note-i have never heard of this being done by uconn. if it is then they are doing a great job of it becuase my ears are big. if so then up it a level.

do u know how much 1k to a local area in nyc is worth? thats like 5k ct dollars. u want the hoods tvs to turn on and for every crip gang to rock our baseball cap? i do. the yankees hat became a symbol for years from little kids at the park to bank robberys. its time we spread out wings and fly. we need to do things like this to counter our shity situation right now in CR.

Reaction Score
do u know how much 1k to a local area in nyc is worth? thats like 5k ct dollars. u want the hoods tvs to turn on and for every crip gang to rock our baseball cap? i do. the yankees hat became a symbol for years from little kids at the park to bank robberys. its time we spread out wings and fly. we need to do things like this to counter our y situation right now in CR.

Your lack of knowledge on brand management is impressive. Spare me the lengthy hate-filled retort and let that sit with you for a little while.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Your lack of knowledge on brand management is impressive. Spare me the lengthy hate-filled retort and let that sit with you for a little while.

kinda like usc letting snoop dog troll the sidelines hi as fruck in a red jersey every saturday right? great brand management from your buddies out west. please continue.

pretty good exchange rate for NY
yabadabado

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
$1 in CT is pretty close to $1 in new york. I took a couple econ classes at uconn. 5:1 is a little extreme. Maybe if you were comparing switzerland to connecticut. I paid $23 for a happy meal there once.

giving 1k to a town in ct's youth football program is a nice gesture and really hit the home pride mark. giving 1k to brooklyn youth football to buy some pads and balls is a big deal to some community. thats all i was getting at.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is going to turn their nose up at a donation of any kind. But $1,000 really is small beans when you talk about the operating costs of a Pop Warner organization. I was involved with one for years. The organization I coached for I would say had, between all age levels (football/cheerleading) would usually number about 350-400 people paying registration fees of around $75 apiece. And comparatively speaking that's a low fee. Many organizations needed fees of $100-$150 per participant. Your're talking about operating costs of $27,000-$30,000 per year. This doesn't include costs associated with playoffs - State, Regional and National. To send one squad to Nationals @ Disney is going to run roughly $40,000-$50,000 between travel, lodging, meals and IF you have the dough to allow the kids one day at the park. Of course all these numbers will vary depending on the size of the program.

There was a story a few years back about the Dorchester (MA) team that made Nationals I think 4 years straight and each time they almost couldn't come up with the money to go - and when they did they had to go bare bones - couldn't even afford to let the kids enjoy the park at Disney because they couldn't afford tickets. Think about that. I'm sure these are the kinds of programs that HFD was alluding to. But again I'm not sure if $1,000 would even cover the cost for all of them to get into Disney for a day. At this time too I think that Dorchester organization is now defunct.

Another thing to consider is that Pop Warner organizations are not necessarily connected to that town in any way. In some towns they have more than one organization. In some areas one organization may represent several towns. And what of a kid that goes to a regional or parochial school? Do you give the 1K to the town where he grew up or the one where he played high school ball?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is going to turn their nose up at a donation of any kind. But $1,000 really is small beans when you talk about the operating costs of a Pop Warner organization. I was involved with one for years. The organization I coached for I would say had, between all age levels (football/cheerleading) would usually number about 350-400 people paying registration fees of around $75 apiece. And comparatively speaking that's a low fee. Many organizations needed fees of $100-$150 per participant. Your're talking about operating costs of $27,000-$30,000 per year. This doesn't include costs associated with playoffs - State, Regional and National. To send one squad to Nationals @ Disney is going to run roughly $40,000-$50,000 between travel, lodging, meals and IF you have the dough to allow the kids one day at the park. Of course all these numbers will vary depending on the size of the program.

There was a story a few years back about the Dorchester (MA) team that made Nationals I think 4 years straight and each time they almost couldn't come up with the money to go - and when they did they had to go bare bones - couldn't even afford to let the kids enjoy the park at Disney because they couldn't afford tickets. Think about that. I'm sure these are the kinds of programs that HFD was alluding to. But again I'm not sure if $1,000 would even cover the cost for all of them to get into Disney for a day. At this time too I think that Dorchester organization is now defunct.

Another thing to consider is that Pop Warner organizations are not necessarily connected to that town in any way. In some towns they have more than one organization. In some areas one organization may represent several towns. And what of a kid that goes to a regional or parochial school? Do you give the 1K to the town where he grew up or the one where he played high school ball?

good looks. i think u got my overall point and see where im going with that. i'm just pretty sure that u can't donate to a hs so the pw was a way to touch the local area and network etc. there may be better ways, maybe donate to the p&w so they can take that $ and put it into the hs field? i dono, but something....just wish we were doing things like this becuase others are.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
$1k barely pays the refs for a week.

You'd think Disney would comp those kids but I guess that's part of the reason the games exist. It's not like anyone needs to know who has the best Pop Warner team.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
1k is about 1k more than they were getting before no? stop being such a penis and think about what im sugesting and the act. once again ppl are just way off on the substance and picking bones.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh and there is no way that isn't a huge NCAA violation anyway. A direct payment to an organization based on your commitment to a program. Yep, no issues there.

At least the SEC has to get creative with money laundering.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Oh and there is no way that isn't a huge NCAA violation anyway. A direct payment to an organization based on your commitment to a program. Yep, no issues there.

At least the SEC has to get creative with money laundering.

there are ways around things and some things that are legal u never think would be

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
there are ways around things and some things that are legal u never think would be

Yes, there is a way around making a direct contribution to an organization based on a recruit's commitment. Maybe they can hire you as a bagman and you can traverse the country dropping off unmarked bills.

We still hear about Rudy Gay and the Beltway Ballers.

You've gone completely off the deep end the last few days. What happened to leaving?

Reaction Score
Let's start a Super-PAC. Who is willing to be the financier? Can we get Stephen Colbert on board?

Reaction Score
good looks. i think u got my overall point and see where im going with that. i'm just pretty sure that u can't donate to a hs so the pw was a way to touch the local area and network etc. there may be better ways, maybe donate to the p&w so they can take that $ and put it into the hs field? i dono, but something....just wish we were doing things like this becuase others are.

I get where you're going - trying to build support and relationships. Positive stuff. Not sure what the legalities of it all are. Continuing to seek solutions and avenues of success can never be faulted - acting upon them though must remain within the boundaries. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom