Impact on other 2016 Recruits?? | The Boneyard

Impact on other 2016 Recruits??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the verbal from Molly Bent, do you think this will round out the recruiting for this class? I am sure this will have the other possible guards that were on UConn's radar looking elsewhere, but what about McCoy and Cox?

Although she is not highly ranked and other major programs were not recruiting her, Geno and staff must have seen something they liked. The other guards that were on our radar may not have been expressing much interest in coming here, thus prompting the interest in Molly.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN will sign one more player and it will be a post, hopefully either Cox or McCoy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
With the verbal from Molly Bent, do you think this will round out the recruiting for this class? I am sure this will have the other possible guards that were on UConn's radar looking elsewhere, but what about McCoy and Cox?

Although she is not highly ranked and other major programs were not recruiting her, Geno and staff must have seen something they liked. The other guards that were on our radar may not have been expressing much interest in coming here, thus prompting the interest in Molly.
Molly is a guard. I suspect it's because the staff feels, for whatever reason, that Chow and Ionescu will not end up at UCONN. It wouldn't affect the post players UCONN is recruiting, nor would it really affect the wings or even the guards. In fact, even the verbal of Irwin won't affect the recruitment of the other post players...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I expect no more guards in 2016. I think we are hoping for a big, preferably Cox. McCoy may still be in play, and others may be too. Joyner Holmes is not one of them.

Reaction Score
Nurse, Chong, Ekmark, Dangerfield, Bent, Williams, Collier and KLS can all play the 1 or 2 or both. Maybe that's why other guards are not considering UConn.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The other guards that were on our radar may not have been expressing much interest in coming here, thus prompting the interest in Molly.

That may be, but I think Geno is getting less patient in his mature years with some kids approach to recruiting - the "I'm in control" entitled thing. You may recall Geno saying in I believe it was the last of the 3 Geno's Legacy presentations that if 30 years ago it was like it is now he would not have gotten in to it. He kept the "it" fairly enigmatic and it may have been a whole bunch of things about the process of recruiting and training etc. Still, it has been suggested for the last couple of years that, more and more, he does not appreciate being kept waiting. So ....

Reaction Score
How many scholarships does UConn have in 2016?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
How many scholarships does UConn have in 2016?
UCONN could have as many 6 scholarships available up until November 2015 and as few as 3 after November assuming Irwin, Dangerfield and Bent follow through on their verbals and sign NLI. These numbers do not account for the walkons, whose scholarship status is unclear. My assumption is the NCAA limit is 15 scholarships.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Nurse, Chong, Ekmark, Dangerfield, Bent, Williams, Collier and KLS can all play the 1 or 2 or both. Maybe that's why other guards are not considering UConn.
That's a point you're makin'.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Molly is a guard. I suspect it's because the staff feels, for whatever reason, that Chow and Ionescu will not end up at UCONN. It wouldn't affect the post players UCONN is recruiting, nor would it really affect the wings or even the guards. In fact, even the verbal of Irwin won't affect the recruitment of the other post players...
i've heard that Ionescu likely to Oregon, though Cal is also very near home. Also sounds like several in mix for Chou including Cal and Stanford.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ummm Ekmark, Willams, Collier and Samuelson are not 1's. Maybe 2's. Maybe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
The other good thing about bringing in Irwin and Bent (even though they are not highly ranked, at least as of now), is that we won't have a 1 player class. Geno has been wanting to avoid that for quite some time. Wasn't able to with Chong.

Bringing in a really strong class after a very strong class is not easy. And UCONN really hasn't ever done that.

After TASSK, the next year was a single (KJ)
After DT, Conlon, MValley, Battle and Moore, the next year was a single (AValley, and Marron walked on)
After Strother, Turner, Crockett and Wolff, the next year became a bust (Sherwood, Robinson and Wright)
After Hayes, Doty, Buck and EDD, the next year was a single (Faris)

Only really recently we put together good/great classes in succession.
Hartley, Dolson, Engeln, Johnson, Walker (which broke apart, but was a good recruiting class) followed by
KML, Banks and Stokes followed by
Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck (which rivals the TASSK class), and the next year was a single again (Chong) - hence why we've won 3 years in a row.

Now we've had a good and great class in succession
Nurse, Williams, Ekmark and Edwards followed by
Samuelson, Collier and Boykin

So having a 3 member class (Dangerfield, Irwin and Bent), with possibility of picking up another after the last 2 years is really a pretty good deal.

Getting recruits in groups of 3's and 4's is much better than the 5 and 1 classes.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The other good thing about bringing in Irwin and Bent (even though they are not highly ranked, at least as of now), is that we won't have a 1 player class. Geno has been wanting to avoid that for quite some time. Wasn't able to with Chong.

Bringing in a really strong class after a very strong class is not easy. And UCONN really hasn't ever done that.

After DT, Conlon, MValley, Battle and Moore, the next year was a single (AValley, and Marron walked on)
After Strother, Turner, Crockett and Wolff, the next year became a bust (Sherwood, Robinson and Wright)

Hartley, Dolson, Engeln, Johnson, Walker (which broke apart, but was a good recruiting class) followed by
Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck (which rivals the TASSK class), and the next year was a single again (Chong) - hence why we've won 3 years in a row.

So having a 3 member class (Dangerfield, Irwin and Bent), with possibility of picking up another after the last 2 years is really a pretty good deal.

Getting recruits in groups of 3's and 4's is much better than the 5 and 1 classes.

X2

Reaction Score

Depends on the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer