Immediate thoughts | The Boneyard

Immediate thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They parked the Ferrari again ;)

Boat had a rough senior night, too bad

Brimah was great blocking shots, but the fact he can't rebound KILLS us.

Tonight was this team in a nutshell, just not very good at all. When you need guys like Samuel and Facey to contribute it's more obvious now they just can't be good consistently.

Lucky to have 17 wins.

Memphis is a badly coached team thank God because we had a chance and we were AWFUL

Guess we know what needs to be done. May have to win 4 now!! (zero shot):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
#3 is our demise. Someone has to teach him to not try to block every shot. Worked last year because he played less and our defense was so much better, but there's no point to get the block if they're just gonna get it back and score right after

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
They parked the Ferrari again ;) Boat had a rough senior night, too bad Brimah was great blocking shots, but the fact he can't rebound KILLS us. Tonight was this team in a nutshell, just not very good at all. When you need guys like Samuel and Facey to contribute it's more obvious now they just can't be good consistently. Lucky to have 17 wins. Memphis is a badly coached team thank God because we had a chance and we were AWFUL Guess we know what needs to be done. May have to win 4 now!! (zero shot):rolleyes:
I disagree. I don't think pastner is a good coach at all, but I thought he coached well tonight.

Reaction Score
Brimah is either going to block shots OR rebound, we can't realistically expect him to do both. If he goes for the block, there has to be weak side help. If not, its easy points and rebounds.

Reaction Score
Wow awful loss. Nothing more to say about it. None of the guards and wings stepped up. Hard to win when shooting as bad as we did. We need another ball handler on this team in the worst way.

ConnZag3

NCAA Hoops Connoisseur
Reaction Score
I couldn't agree more that this loss pretty much summed up our season.

Additionally, watching Pastner celebrate this win like he won the national championship shows how little he has accomplished as a head coach. He hasn't even made the second weekend of an NCAA tournament.

Reaction Score
I disagree. I don't think pastner is a good coach at all, but I thought he coached well tonight.

He used his TO's well I agree. As far as coaching what did he do. They were banking in shots from deep and Burrell was throwing everything in, they fell apart in the first half and gave us a shot. He's awful and besides the fact our guys were dreadful down the stretch, he's still awful.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Just another tough loss at Gampel this season.

Coming off the big win against SMU Sunday it's very discouraging that they played this poorly tonight.

I don't necessarily think this team was that good, but at the same time I feel like they've left a lot of wins on the table this season.

Reaction Score
Brimah is either going to block shots OR rebound, we can't realistically expect him to do both. If he goes for the block, there has to be weak side help. If not, its easy points and rebounds.
You're wrong. You pick the shots which you attempt to block. Deandre Jordan, Anthony Davis, etc. are top shot-blockers and rebounders, there is a middle ground.

Reaction Score
If we could have one of RP, TSAM or OC to step up tonight we would have won. Unfortunately they were awful and dham's shot was off and RB was taken out of the offense again by Memphis. The bigs played reasonably well even though AB wasn't involved in the offense much again.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
mauconnfan said:
He used his TO's well I agree. As far as coaching what did he do. They were banking in shots from deep and Burrell was throwing everything in, they fell apart in the first half and gave us a shot. He's awful and besides the fact our guys were dreadful down the stretch, he's still awful.

He worked the refs a bit. Fouls were like 6-1 at one point in second half. Ended at 7-6. His sub patterns between rolled ankles and guys on the floor and foul issues decent too.

Reaction Score
If we could have one of RP, TSAM or OC to step up tonight we would have won. Unfortunately they were awful and dham's shot was off and RB was taken out of the offense again by Memphis.

Thought Omar played hard tonight and worked hard. He has trouble on D but he stuck his nose in on rebounds and gave effort.

Reaction Score
Thought Omar played hard tonight and worked hard. He has trouble on D but he stuck his nose in on rebounds and gave effort.
Yes but we needed a bigger night than we got from him with Dham and RB struggling today. Unfortunately decent wasn't enough tonight with not enough scoring.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Oh really? I guess ewing, Anthony davis, Emeka, and a host of others were just lucky???? AB can block but at his height an length I would hope so. He cant grab a rebound and has absolutely has no touch around the rim. Will he? Maybe but he doesn't look comfortable on either

Reaction Score
Just another tough loss at Gampel this season.

Coming off the big win against SMU Sunday it's very discouraging that they played this poorly tonight.

I don't necessarily think this team was that good, but at the same time I feel like they've left a lot of wins on the table this season.
This team just didnt have it in them to win the close games this year. A lot of it is just the bounce of the ball one way or the other. Whether it was Texas, Yale, or Memphis tonight, we were just on the wrong side of it. I mean 3-one point losses at home in games that came down to last second shots? I dont think we will ever see that again. Just compare it to last year when it seemed like we won every game that came down to the last possession (Maryland, BC, Indiana, Florida). Just a very strange season in general.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Brimah has got to realize sometimes you can't block every shot. And when you realize the one's you can't even alter, you need to just box out like your life depends on it.

Reaction Score
Even if we made the NCAA tournament this year, is this the team that could take down a top seed and win it all? Unlikely. This is not last years team as we know. I am ok with us missing out We won last year and I am still stoked about that. Can't win every year. Let someone else deal with the UK buzzsaw this year. We will sit this one out and re-tool for next year.

Reaction Score
Oh really? I guess ewing, Anthony davis, Emeka, and a host of others were just lucky???? AB can block but at his height an length I would hope so. He cant grab a rebound and has absolutely has no touch around the rim. Will he? Maybe but he doesn't look comfortable on either
the fact that you're comparing him to such tremendous players when he's only a soph is a credit to his ability or a testament to your mistaken perspective. We all hope he'll be who you're comparing him to, but to expect him to be there now is foolish.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even if we made the NCAA tournament this year, is this the team that could take down a top seed and win it all? Unlikely. This is not last years team as we know. I am ok with us missing out We won last year and I am still stoked about that. Can't win every year. Let someone else deal with the UK buzzsaw this year. We will sit this one out and re-tool for next year.
I want to deal with the UK buzz-saw. Fackin' line em' up lets play, give us a 16 seed.

Reaction Score
How do we lose a game where we came back from 13 down to tie at halftime on senior night at Gampel? What a tough season this is. How many 1 or 2 point losses have we had? This game really annoyed the hell out of me, I had resigned myself last month that we were going nowhere. Then we win a few nice games, was pumped to watch this game, now it's 11:30 and I'm too pissed to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom