I'm so depressed I might have to pull for ND tonight | The Boneyard

I'm so depressed I might have to pull for ND tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Growing up outside of Hartford any Catholic kid like me was a huge ND fan. Though as soon as UConn went D1 I jumped off the ND bandwagon and proudly supported my Huskies, and developed a strong distaste for ND. However, the last 2 years have been hell. The SAD truth is UConn fb is unwatchable. The Offense is pitiful. Throw in the conference Stop and its really depressing. I have lost hope and now am thinking hard on jumping back onto the ND bandwagon. My dream of kids from Wethersfield, Suffield, and Manchester growing up worshipping UConn fb and striving to go there have been crushed. They watch UConn put 3 points on the board against their rival. Hell we might not even score more than 8 offensive touchdowns in BE play.

I think a minor miracle has happened to me, my hatred for ND has somehow disappeared, perhaps my disgust for UConn's offense over the last 2 years has washed it away. Why I even think the ND coach is a good mick from Massachusetts. They are in a legitimate conference and can steal ACC bowl slots by simply having a better record. Hmmm, that sounds good, pull for ND and let them f%ck Clemson or UNC or Miami by taking a top tier Bowl from those ACC clowns. Awesome.

Maybe I'm hungover from today's game (I definately am from last night's antics) so before I call it quits I'll need a good night's sleep. Anyway I might tune in and see Chip Kelly's irish army beat up on those U traitors, hahah.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i hope the worst fight ever breaks out. it will just help push miami iver the cliff and out of college sports for good. it in turn opens up another spot for the acc to fill so better odds for uconn

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm so depressed that while watching the Wake-MD game, I found myself kinda pulling for Randy.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I became a Nebraska fan as a kid in large part because too many around me were ND fans, cheered their back to back titles under Devaney, bled with them through all of the near misses under Dr Tom Osborne (when they knocked off Miami to win the title. I celebrated with a co-worker who was from Nebraska the first workday after that Orange Bowl) and felt as strong about their three titles in four years as I did of any Yankee, Giant or UConn title (the Rangers' cup win, due to their history is viewed as a different type of accomplishment) but, from the UConn run to .500 at the end of the 2002 season, Nebraska (especially during a lot of turmoil at their program) didn't really seem to matter all that much anymore.

I am so disheartened at the moment that I may (for the remainder of this season, possibly longer) begin investing emotionally in the outcome of Cornhusker football games again (for the record, they can never become more than a distant second but that there may again be another school that I care about one way or another is bothersome).

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Growing up outside of Hartford any Catholic kid like me was a huge ND fan. Though as soon as UConn went D1 I jumped off the ND bandwagon and proudly supported my Huskies, and developed a strong distaste for ND. However, the last 2 years have been hell. The SAD truth is UConn fb is unwatchable. The Offense is pitiful. Throw in the conference bull**** and its really depressing. I have lost hope and now am thinking hard on jumping back onto the ND bandwagon. My dream of kids from Wethersfield, Suffield, and Manchester growing up worshipping UConn fb and striving to go there have been crushed. They watch UConn put 3 points on the board against their rival. Hell we might not even score more than 8 offensive touchdowns in BE play.

I think a minor miracle has happened to me, my hatred for ND has somehow disappeared, perhaps my disgust for UConn's offense over the last 2 years has washed it away. Why I even think the ND coach is a good mick from Massachusetts. They are in a legitimate conference and can steal ACC bowl slots by simply having a better record. Hmmm, that sounds good, pull for ND and let them f%ck Clemson or UNC or Miami by taking a top tier Bowl from those ACC clowns. Awesome.

Maybe I'm hungover from today's game (I definately am from last night's antics) so before I call it quits I'll need a good night's sleep. Anyway I might tune in and see Chip Kelly's irish army beat up on those U traitors, hahah.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Reaction Score
The UConn football product has turned to utter crap. It's such a shame. The program could have been something great but they blew it. The conference situation becomes deadly given our trajectory. The real truth is either the leadership just doesn't care that much or they are collectively incompetent. It's gone from frustrating to intolerable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom