I'm fine with Foley coaching TEs, and I hope Foley's fine w/it too... | The Boneyard

I'm fine with Foley coaching TEs, and I hope Foley's fine w/it too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
IMHO Mike Foley is UConn's best position coach, and is a vital cog in our team's success.

That being said, all signs are now pointing to the latest offensive innovations in FB: heavy use of TEs in the passing game. The Patriots got to the Superbowl doing it; Stanford's QB will be the first player in the NFL draft because of it. Remember a couple of seasons ago when Temple was using 5-6 different TEs per game? Well, George DeLeone recruited them there to play in his offense. He was definitely on to something.

Also, TE is the one position in FB where the Northeast may possibly lead the country in good prospects. There's plenty of big, tall, athletic kids in this region who can run fast and jump out of a stadium - they're mainly playing hoops right now. Start convincing a few of them to switch to FB though, and watch out.

So if this is the direction UConn wants to go, then who better to recruit/coach up these TEs than our 'best'? Foley's an offensive guy; he's been an OC and knows how to coach the skill positions. I'm hoping he's not seeing the TEs gig as a demotion, but a way to focus his skills on UConn's most important offensive position going forward.

My humble prediction: the TEs show out this season - and Big Griff gets drafted...

Reaction Score
My prediction: Coach Foley will not be at UCONN after the eason. He will either be a head coach for an FCS school or an offensive line coach at another school.

Whatever team gets him will be lucky. I say it every time there is a topic about him, but he is one of the finest offensive line coaches in the nation.

Reaction Score
He has had great success in building rushing attacks here and at Colgate. If he can be as successful with the tight ends I'm excited.

Reaction Score
How to catch a football.
First, focus on the tip of the ball.
Second, when it comes at you above the waist, make a triangle with your thumbs and forefingers. However, if it comes at you below your waist, place the tips of your pinkies together.
Third, look the ball all the way into your hands.
Fourth, after you catch the ball, tuck it in and run like heck!
Any questions? ;)
(This advice compliments of About.com)
Catchfootball.jpg

Reaction Score
How to catch a football.
First, focus on the tip of the ball.
Second, when it comes at you above the waist, make a triangle with your thumbs and forefingers. However, if it comes at you below your waist, place the tips of your pinkies together.
Third, look the ball all the way into your hands.
Fourth, after you catch the ball, tuck it in and run like heck!
Any questions? ;)
(This advice compliments of About.com)
Catchfootball.jpg
Second should be to keep your hands away from your body. At least, that's how Larry Fitzgerald explained it to me.

Reaction Score
P - Duly noted and good point. And Stickum is outlawed at every level of football...thank you very much Lester Hayes. BTW - Who's LF?

Reaction Score
P - Duly noted and good point. And Stickum is outlawed at every level of football...thank you very much Lester Hayes. BTW - Who's LF?

That would be Biletnikoff who's the stickum king - same guy the award is named after.....LOL. The two big giant stains in this pick on his socks are his stickum supply for the first half. Not dirt........The stories go that on messy fields Biletnikoff would come off the field after games looking like a hairy animal from all the turf stuck to him, and that at a game in the old Sullivan stadium in foxboro with the crappy old carpet, he got stuck to the rug and started pulling up some of the turf.......

Attachments

• fred-biletnikoff-oakland.jpg
    fred-biletnikoff-oakland.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 40
Reaction Score
That would be Biletnikoff who's the stickum king - same guy the award is named after.....LOL. The two big giant stains in this pick on his socks are his stickum supply for the first half. Not dirt........The stories go that on messy fields Biletnikoff would come off the field after games looking like a hairy animal from all the turf stuck to him, and that at a game in the old Sullivan stadium in foxboro with the crappy old carpet, he got stuck to the rug and started pulling up some of the turf.......
I think that Lester Hayes made stickem famous by coating his arms with it.

Fred Biletnikoff was equally famous for his hands and getting his feet down in bounds.

Reaction Score

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
I think that Lester Hayes made stickem famous by coating his arms with it.

Fred Biletnikoff was equally famous for his hands and getting his feet down in bounds.

Wow. This could get intersting Carl and Palatine disagreeing. Two people who are never wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom