I'm A huge Memphis fan right about now. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

I'm A huge Memphis fan right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
doesn't Memphis's fans have a good reputation of traveling? I know Pittsburg is much closer to UVA but there isn't even any blue behind their bench.

pj

Reaction Score
Memphis is having the same problems against Virginia they had against UConn. They need to defend and they need to execute offense against a tough defense. They are not tough enough mentally.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Memphis folds up when there is a little adversity. This looks like the Oklahoma state game early this year where a cold stretch by Memphis turned into a blowout.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They're letting it get away vs. a team that's tough to come back on.

At some point soon Dixon Jr. needs to start being Dixon Jr. and kick this thing into high gear.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Memphis has been very inconsistent all year though. They will make another run.

Reaction Score
doesn't Memphis's fans have a good reputation of traveling? I know Pittsburg is much closer to UVA but there isn't even any blue behind their bench.
Aren't they in Raleigh? Doesn't really change your point, but it does mean it's even closer to UVA, and really in ACC territory.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
pj said:
Memphis is having the same problems against Virginia they had against UConn. They need to defend and they need to execute offense against a tough defense. They are not tough enough mentally.

No they are not tough mentally, and Virginia is absolutely the opposite. They are rock solid, run their stuff and don't rattle. Memphis has better players, Virginia is the better team. Virginia is very beatable but it will take a team that makes far less errors than Menphis.

Reaction Score
Y'all are learning what we have lived with all year. Talent galore, but either lack of maturity or basketball IQ, keeps us from competing against teams with half court offenses and or solid defenses. Not over, but shades of many other games this season. Including when we have played you guys.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Ugh, it's Cincy on roids...
That is what I said when the matchup was announced. Virginia is Cincinnati if they had a quality offense and Memphis got blown off the floor by UC twice.

Reaction Score
Aren't they in Raleigh? Doesn't really change your point, but it does mean it's even closer to UVA, and really in ACC territory.
Ur right, don't know why I thought it was Pittsburgh, but damn, it doesn't seem as if there is a single Memphis fan in the building.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Memphis needs to play smarter and step it up defensively. This could get ugly quick. They better come out of the gates firing on all cylinders in the 2nd half.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I hope Memphis can do something in the second half, but this one looks wrapped up. Virginia made an adjustment or two and that's that.

Memphis is such an odd program - talented, but down a quart of smarts on the court and on the bench.

Reaction Score
Well. Shut the door on this game.

Virginia looks like the better team, but Memphis could have gotten up on them early (way too many missed layups), which would have forced UVA to speed it up. Instead, since they didn't have the lead, Memphis went into overdrive themselves, and played way too fast.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm predicting a comeback, led by Nichols. I'm not saying they'll win it. But I feel like they are going to come out of the halftime break and significantly close the gap. Let's see if my Nostradamus powers are still in tact...

caw

Reaction Score
I haven't seen so many blown layups in a long time. UVA should still be up but it should be about 6 closer. Memphis is playing very poor on defense and pressing on offense.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'll tell you what, we will have all we can handle from Iowa St, but mojo gods willing, I'd much rather see Virginia than Michigan St in Elite 8. I think we matchup well with Virginia, if we shoot the 3 well.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Memphis is completely rattled and spent the last few minutes of the half playing like fourth graders. The answer to not getting shots to fall isn't launching a bunch of prayers. They need a hypnotist to go to their locker at halftime, put them in a trance and convince them they are playing Louisville. That is the only way they'll have a chance this game.

UConn_Top_Dog

Reaction Score
Let's hope that UConn cupcake is never eaten. But damn those looked bangin! I want one.

Reaction Score
Class act by the Virginia assistant or what ever he was at the end of the bench when the Memphis player jumped over the chair. Instead of trying to help him, he just pushed his leg away from him.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Well, it's looking pretty clear who UCONN will be playing on Sunday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom