I'll Say It... | The Boneyard

I'll Say It...

Reaction Score
#'s 1, 2, 3 and 5 have all lost to unranked teams this week, so after we beat Georgetown...let's say it together: "We're # 1!"

Obviously would rather have that rank in April, but still would be a cool in-season honor. Now let's go take care of Mr. Ed on Sunday. Of course, of course.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
By NCAAF standards, we can't be #1 because we're missing our star center. Body of work is irrelevant, it's who's on the court. :p
Just playing around folks, save the hostilities for someone who deserves it. :D

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
#'s 1, 2, 3 and 5 have all lost to unranked teams this week, so after we beat Georgetown...let's say it together: "We're # 1!"

Obviously would rather have that rank in April, but still would be a cool in-season honor. Now let's go take care of Mr. Ed on Sunday. Of course, of course.
If we're gonna compare him to equines, Cooley is more jackass than horse.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Tina Fey Titus GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

Star Wars Doom GIF

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be shocked if we pass Purdue. I think number #2 is the most likely position if we get past big Ed

Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Don't forget that Purdue (Penn State), Houston (@TCU) and Kansas (Oklahoma) will all have opportunities to win again before the next poll on Monday. Particularly for Houston and Kansas, since those would be Q1 wins, if they win those games on Saturday that might help them stay in front of UConn.

Reaction Score
Right now:

Purdue: 1566 (54)
Houston: 1486 (7)
Kansas: 1481 (2)
UConn: 1335 (0)

No on has UConn above 4 on their ballots. That will change, but it means we're not necessarily going to pick up a bunch of easy #1s on individual ballots.

3 voters have us #7, and UNC and Kentucky haven't lost, so you figure we're staying behind those two teams on those three ballots.

7 voters have us #6. In 6 of them, it's either Kentucky or UNC, so, again, we'll likely stay behind them. In one, it's both (they had Tennessee far lower).

Of the many voters that have us #5, most have Tennessee ahead of us. 4 have Kentucky ahead of us, 1 has Arizona, neither of whom have lost.

So I'd say of the 63 possible first place votes, we know for a fact that we aren't getting 15. For at least 4 ballots, we're highest #3. The odds that they'd jump their #7 team over a #1 team who lost is pretty low. Also, 4 -> 1 is a fairly large jump, especially since we didn't dominate that Xavier game.

My guess is some people will keep Purdue. Some analytic forward people will keep Houston. We'll move up across the board and have a range of votes ranging from 1-4 in voters. We may end up with the most #1 votes but end up #2 or even #3.

I'm beting UConn, Purdue, Houston, Kentucky, and UNC all get #1 votes.

Reaction Score
We should be #1 if we beat Gtown, and if the Kansas, Purdue, and Houston loses were this weekend, I'd be more confident. But unfortunately there's time for the other teams to "recover", especially Kansas if they beat ranked Oklahoma, and the writers just have a stiffy for Purdue for some reason. So if they all win this weekend, it would be close, but I could see it end up Kansas 1, Purdue 2, UConn 3, Houston 4 (or maybe 3). I could also see them slipping UK and UNC into the top 5 too.

Reaction Score
Objectively hard to justify putting us ahead of Kansas if both of us have the same amount of losses. I defend us in that game whenever I get the chance but in the end they have the W.

Reaction Score
Objectively hard to justify putting us ahead of Kansas if both of us have the same amount of losses. I defend us in that game whenever I get the chance but in the end they have the W.
It's not that hard. They beat UConn at home by 3. Great win for them, but not necessarily indicative that they are significantly better than UConn.

I do think it is possible UConn doesn't hit #1, but not because they don't jump Kansas. UCF is the worst loss of the trio, and the worst loss of the teams ranked 1-4. Kansas also has pretty bad advanced metrics for a team with 2 losses.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom