If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be | The Boneyard

If you're not already a fan of this team, you should be

Reaction Score
I've always been curious what % of UConn mens fans watch the UConn women play.
I know some on here are Mens bball only. If that's you, you are missing out on a coaching clinic by one of the masters.

With another year of crippling injuries, Geno has consistently motivated the girls to show up every game and play a beautiful style of basketball.

Lacking size, the guards have learned to rebound like bigs. Nika Muhl, when she's on, is like J Kidd, A Shade is one of the best freshman shooters I've ever seen and A Edwards is in a class of her own.
Not to mention generational talent P. Bueckers.

With very little bench and a starting five who play 35-40/game, and still win by 30, we are seeing something incredible. Tune in.

Reaction Score
I hope so I have $100 on them to win the natty… ps thank you to last years men’s team, got them beginning of the season at low odds to win the natty and made a pretty good chunk of change

Reaction Score
00ffeeee4339f67dc7fee7f11c8a4d99658b8c3a.gif

Reaction Score
Love the women, hope this could be 2004 again with both champions. Biggest problem for the women is rebounding with their smaller size, plus they are already using all their backup players due to injuries, so if anyone else fouls out or otherwise couldn't play, it's really a problem. Huge test will be how they do against #1 South Carolina on Feb. 11 and is an away game. SC has 6'7 center and they crash the boards relentlessly.

Reaction Score
I know some on here are Mens bball only. If that's you, you are missing out on a coaching clinic by one of the masters.

With another year of crippling injuries, Geno has consistently motivated the girls to show up every game and play a beautiful style of basketball.

Lacking size, the guards have learned to rebound like bigs. Nika Muhl, when she's on, is like J Kidd, A Shade is one of the best freshman shooters I've ever seen and A Edwards is in a class of her own.

With very little bench and a starting five who play 35-40/game, and still win by 30, we are seeing something incredible. Tune in.
They’ve been playing great but I fear they are too small to complete against the few real good teams in the women‘s game. I really like the freshmen though. Arnold and Shade are playing like veterans. Samuels is going to be very good as she gets stronger.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
They’ve been playing great but I fear they are too small to complete against the few real good teams in the women‘s game. I really like the freshmen though. Arnold and Shade are playing like veterans. Samuels is going to be very good as she gets stronger.
Shade is the female version of Cam. Just love both players games.

Thought that the only thing they needed was Ice to play better to make a deep run until Griffen went down.

Reaction Score

I question your very own fanship since you left out another freshman sensation: KK. She is in some ways better than Ashlyn, which is crazy to say it out loud.

Reaction Score
Love the women, hope this could be 2004 again with both champions. Biggest problem for the women is rebounding with their smaller size, plus they are already using all their backup players due to injuries, so if anyone else fouls out or otherwise couldn't play, it's really a problem. Huge test will be how they do against #1 South Carolina on Feb. 11 and is an away game. SC has 6'7 center and they crash the boards relentlessly.
That's what I find the most amazing. Yesterday they got outrebounded 44-27 and still won by 30. When do you ever see that???

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
Fox Sports App carries their games if you have cable or streaming service that carries Fox.
Really? I have Youtube TV, so I should have access. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Reaction Score

I think they're going to get crushed when they run into a big athletic team down the road. They've been far too weak down low for several years now. I'll be rooting for them though.

Reaction Score
Maybe we can have Stephanie Castle and Alexa Karaban suit up off the bench?

Reaction Score
rooting for them but at the same time I watch them fearing the inevitable. I don't follow the local media that reports on the women, has Geno been asked about the S&C noise that has propped up around the team due to the abnormal amount of injuries?

Reaction Score
I think they're going to get crushed when they run into a big athletic team down the road. They've been far too weak down low for several years now. I'll be rooting for them though.
Their losses are by 11, 11, and 12. To top 5 teams, with juggled lineups.

Reaction Score
the loss to NC State was an eye opener, they looked like they were in quicksand. You watch South Carolina and then UConn before this season's injuries and there was a clear difference in the caliber of athlete being recruited.

Reaction Score
Fully expecting them to lose at SC, but I think there’s a good chance they win every other remaining game

Reaction Score
rooting for them but at the same time I watch them fearing the inevitable. I don't follow the local media that reports on the women, has Geno been asked about the S&C noise that has propped up around the team due to the abnormal amount of injuries?
Not sure if he's been taken to task directly but it's been widely talked about amongst the fanbase. I think it's just bad luck. It seems improbable that an s&c coach is setting them up to be more injury prone by some chosen method, especially in a program of this caliber.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom