OT: - If you lived on campus, where did you live? | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: If you lived on campus, where did you live?

Reaction Score
Any Webster Hall/Towers in the house?
Followed by stint over at McMahon late 88-92. Seems like things of gotten a tighter on the partying. We used to have beer balls and kegs In our dorm rooms every weekend without any problem. The RA’s used to party with us so never really had Any problems with them. Fun times no doubt. Also the jungle was always a bit crazier than everywhere else so I’m assuming that’s still the same

Reaction Score
Starting in 2000/2001, when they switched the Frats dorms to freshmen only, and made it dry. At that point, no one really called it Frats, but the Jungle was still the Jungle. I want to say in the next year or two, they made the Jungle dry.

Can confirm that nobody referred to Northwest as The Frats in 2000-2001. North was still known as The Jungle for sure.

Reaction Score
Can confirm that nobody referred to Northwest as The Frats in 2000-2001. North was still known as The Jungle for sure.

Yeah, I graduated in 2013 and Northwest was Northwest and North was still called “The Jungle” but in an almost ironic way (?)

Reaction Score
Frats were great when they were Frats. You could see the outline of fraternities' logos that used to reside there by the entrances.

Mid 90s Frats life was wild. Half the week was debauchery, at least. Definitely wasn't a wise place for freshmen to be placed.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Lafayette Hall (Towers)
McMahon
South C 2x

Reaction Score
McMahon south 6th floor
Celeron
Willy oaks
Cedar ridge

My lifestyle wasn't conducive to living on campus

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Gilbert basement, Phase, Wilder, then off campus.
8 pages in, and nobody weighed in on anywhere but UConn.
And so, my reward for reading all of these posts is to be that guy.

Reaction Score
Gilbert basement, Phase, Wilder, then off campus.
8 pages in, and nobody weighed in on anywhere but UConn.
And so, my reward for reading all of these posts is to be that guy.
Go Blue Hens! (congrats on the 4,000th post)

Reaction Score
I wonder what were the names of the houses on hunting lodge for you guys, someone mentioned that they pass those houses names down sparked my curiosity.

Reaction Score
there are at least two red houses. I also saw a single house change names 4 times so they definitely do vary. The only ones I know that have had their names for a long time are the Dime, Puke House and Mushroom House
Even Puke house had a different name when I left ('17). I think it was called Illuminati house or something. This cultural frat had it my junior and senior year since Zeta Psi is no longer around

Reaction Score
While I'm here:
Northwest, Batterson
Northwest, Russell
Cedar Ridge (biggest regret)
Celeron (best decision I made at UConn)

Reaction Score
Even Puke house had a different name when I left ('17). I think it was called Illuminati house or something. This cultural frat had it my junior and senior year since Zeta Psi is no longer around
I don't think any of the "big" frats from when I was at school are still around. Delta Chi, Sigma Chi, Zeta Psi, SAE, whoever had boat house/goat house/corner house; pretty sure it's almost all new frats for the most part.

Do you know anything about lambda lambda lambda? I read a weird post about them on /r/UConn and it seemed kind of wild lol. I don't think I ever heard of them while I was at school

Reaction Score
07-08: Northwest -Rogers
08-09: McMahon - North
09-10: Alumni - Eddy
10-11: South - Snow

Reaction Score
I transferred in from a community college so I was technically almost a Jr when I went. I did re-do my major from History to Accounting so lost a half semester there. I was at Towers at first which I hated since it was so far from all my classes. I then went to Hilltop when Ray Allen was there. I ended my last year at the Jungle with a bunch of 18 year old freshmen. LOL! I always had my own room with no roommates which I loved. Well except for one semester at Hilltop.

Reaction Score
I don't think any of the "big" frats from when I was at school are still around. Delta Chi, Sigma Chi, Zeta Psi, SAE, whoever had boat house/goat house/corner house; pretty sure it's almost all new frats for the most part.

Do you know anything about lambda lambda lambda? I read a weird post about them on /r/UConn and it seemed kind of wild lol. I don't think I ever heard of them while I was at school
I go to UConn am in a frat, and still have never heard of them. I saw that reddit post and thought it was a joke at first. I think they either just colonized or are some culture frat. Sig Chi just got back on campus, good frat, however SAE lost the dime this summer so they are looking toward a steep decline. Ive never heard of goat boat or corner house, maybe they also got renamed?

Reaction Score
07-08: Ellsworth 9th floor
08-09: Busby Suites
09-10: Charter Oak Apts
10-11: Off-campus (Rockridge Condos)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members