If you could add any former Husky | Page 2 | The Boneyard

If you could add any former Husky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...to this year's team, who would it be and why?

Note: Kemba is not allowed (way too obvious).

My pick: Jeff Adrien. He adds a toughness that's utterly contagious, and he can play that #4 spot in the center of the zone (see: 2009 vs. Texas A&M). Both of these elements are sorely and painfully lacking from this team.
Ray

Reaction Score
269827357.jpg

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I can see why people would like Adrien, being that he's the anti-Oriakhi, but in a lot of ways he wasn't a real leader. All the attitude was there, but I don't think he had the (at least semi) calm sort of personality needed. One team he was on made it to the final four, all the others were pretty unremarkable.

Reaction Score
Everyone's answer should be Caron.

He solves every problem this team has on the court, and considering he was about 24 when he got to UConn, he'd solve the youth problem as well.

Reaction Score
AJ

Who better than the person who taught Kemba how to be a leader. Also gives us a huge dose of badly needed basketball IQ.

Reaction Score
id say caron but he`d never get the ball from bazz so it wouldnt work out because bazz is still playing so id go with with ricky moore. he could score a little,run the offense,feed AD in the post where he is unstoppable and give us some much needed defense.

Reaction Score
Chris Smith. We were an insignificant speck on the college basketball map before Chris Smith won us a Big East championship and took us to the Sweet 16. When you think of what that young man accomplished with the supporting cast he had his sophomore year, there is no question of what he could do with the (unrealized) talent on this year's team.

If Mr. Smith had gone to Washington today, we leave with a W.

Reaction Score
Selvie, his leadership and passing ability alone would tranform this team.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Selvie, his leadership and passing ability alone would tranform this team.
plus his awesome mitts and ability to secure the rock fit in with our front court strengths....we need some more travels down low too. I like it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Caron would go get rebounds if he wasn't gettting the ball enough. Could score on the baseline, would be excellent flashing to the foul line against the zone, and would start throwing some bodies around if his team was flat. Of course, it wasn't until midway through his sophomore year that he completed his transformation from very good player into stud, after going through a too-much-talk "we're winners, not chicken dinners" phase as a freshman, so his career wasn't perfect. But neither was Khalid's (when Rip left, he struggled to lead a more dysfunctional team) or Kemba's (sophomore year NIT).

Reaction Score
Taliek.

I'd take him on this team in a heartbeat. People always discredited his success by the great talent he had around him - but this team has that same sort of talent, and lacks the rudder.

caw

Reaction Score
Majok.

No seriously, Caron would be my first choice.

I would consider Scottie Burrell as well he could do everything well.

If not those two I would go with someone like Jake Voshkul. Why? He set solid screens, played good defense and rebounded. Basically he did what I want Oriakhi to do. And he made the NBA and lasted doing those three things very well.

Reaction Score
Why THE JUXTAPOSITION between ADRIEN and his fiery to this team would be a spectacle. I think we would immediately start winning games. easily.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn't answer Khalid is crazy. A point who can penetrate and create shots for himself and others, and organize and run the offense.

Reaction Score
Taliek or Khalid

More Taliek only because he knows how to pass the ball and not take 10 shots a game. (not talking about KEA) His D is also good!

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Taliek, because he would only care about distributing the basketball. The team doesn't need another scorer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom