If we had our choice, which big man would we take? | The Boneyard

If we had our choice, which big man would we take?

Reaction Score
Just wondering how they line up talent wise.

Reaction Score
If it was our choice....
1. Cliff Omoruyi
2. Dylan Cardwell
3. Javonte Brown-Ferguson (if re-classifies)
4. Josh Gray

With that said I think our best chances are with Dylan Cardwell

Reaction Score
If it was our choice....
1. Cliff Omoruyi
2. Dylan Cardwell
4. Josh Gray

With that said I think our best chances are with Dylan Cardwell

This is the answer. I'm sure the staff takes whichever of the first 3 wants to commit after the Kofi situation. Cliff being the Kofi equivalent.

I don't think any of the 3 are going to be much more than rim runners and short corner dunkers offensively, so how they are defensively is important.

Cardwell may be the best defender because he can block shots and has hops. I don't think he will be THAT much less of a prospect than Cliff in 2 years.

Reaction Score
If it was our choice....
1. Cliff Omoruyi
2. Dylan Cardwell
4. Josh Gray

these guys probably looking themselves up on the internet like...

A9ADEDB5-1092-4C26-981E-FE59261F2F44.gif

Reaction Score
Cliff O is rated higher than Cardwell, but we would be lucky to have either. Take the first guy who is willing to commit.

Cliff is more polished offensively at this point.
Is Javonte Brown-Ferguson a backup plan?

Reaction Score
Is Javonte Brown-Ferguson a backup plan?

based on posts from BField and Chief, hurley will take whoever commits first between cliff and cardwell. the odds are on cardwell. cliff's recruitment could easily drag out through the spring if he's waiting on UK et al.

blind conjecture- if neither cliff nor cardwell commit by winter then hurley will push brown-ferguson to reclassify to 2020. javonte has said he won't make that decision until january but is leaning towards it.

if we get a committment from cardwell this fall maybe hurley persuades javonte to come here in 2021. this is the scenario i'm hoping for.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
based on posts from BField and Chief, hurley will take whoever commits first between cliff and cardwell. the odds are on cardwell. cliff's recruitment could easily drag out through the spring if he's waiting on UK et al.

blind conjecture- if neither cliff nor cardwell commit by winter then hurley will push brown-ferguson to reclassify to 2020. javonte has said he won't make that decision until january but is leaning towards it.

if we get a committment from cardwell this fall maybe hurley persuades javonte to come here in 2021. this is the scenario i'm hoping for.

I hope you realize @BFieldHusky is the better source here, man.

Reaction Score
What do you guys think of Javonte Brown-Ferguson? He’s got some really good offers (Kansas), but I only see one highlight video and he’s super weak, not the most coordinated big, and for how tall he is I feel like it takes a lot of energy for him to throw it down. From what I’ve seen he’s not that impressive IMO.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score

Cliff said he will decide before basketball season starts, so if UK isn't ready to commit to him by then I would imagine he goes elsewhere. Recruiting is fluid though, so anything is possible.

Reaction Score
Given the dynamic players we will have at guard and shooters on the wings, could I please have the biggest, baddest athletic defender/rebounder/dunker please?

I enjoy Josh Carlton and think he will be good, but a Josh Boone type would be perfect for this team in 2020-2021. Nothing spectacular, but just a big, rugged, athletic dude that can get boards.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom